Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 24th, 2016 09:00

U2515H, Stand stuck, doesn't swivel

So I've just bought this monitor, lovely panel, and it can tilt, rotate and adjust in height, but it doesn't swivel. If I try to turn it to the side the whole stand moves. It's like the circular stand has been glued in place. Is there some sort of lock on the base i'm not aware of? I did ask Amazon but they said to contact Dell. Thought i'd start here. 

Cheers.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 25th, 2016 12:00

I would lay the monitor face down on a towel, then remove the stand from the back of the monitor. Then try to loosen the swivel.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 24th, 2016 16:00

No, there is not a lock. It should swivel. See the User's Guide page 48.

You might need to apply more force when attempting to swivel.

3 Posts

May 25th, 2016 10:00

Well i'm a bit hesitant to apply anymore force to it in fear I might break it.

I shouldn't have to force it to turn either, unless there is a seal within the circle that needs to be force sideways to work properly?

I have the Dell P2214H at work and that swivels very easily without any real force. My U2515H doesn't move.

3 Posts

May 26th, 2016 03:00

Thanks Chris, managed to sort it.

I had to put some real force behind it to get it to twist, the base was creaking like it was about to snap whilst I was doing it, eventually it moved, so I gently rocked it from side to side and now it does swivel, though not as easily as my one at work. Hopefully it eases up over time.

Many thanks for your help. I did also email the Dell Support team when I created this thread, this can now be ignored.

2 Posts

March 10th, 2018 16:00

Hello, I purchased the same monitor around 18 months ago. It's been in storage and I have just un packed it and the stand has come in two parts - the arm and the base. Hod I assemble the two together? Is this broken?Hopefully the picture will explain it better.

IMG-6942.JPG

No Events found!