Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 8th, 2018 04:00

U2518D, Older firmware download?

While updating the firmware from M2T102 to M2T103, the update bar got stuck at "verifying update" as it did here. I have not unplugged or turned my monitor off yet so it's still functional. I wanted to attempt to try and reinstall older firmware onto the monitor before turning it off, but I cannot find older firmware online. Where can I download M2T102 or M2T101 for the U2518D?

3 Posts

June 8th, 2018 12:00

After trying the firmware utility in safe mode and other different combos, I finally got it to complete by removing all wires from the u2518d except the USB and the power cord (no display/hdmi/mdp), and using a different monitor to see what I was doing. I don't know why it worked, but it did. Hope that helps anybody in the same situation.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 8th, 2018 06:00

As all can see on the U2518D driver page, the older M2T102 firmware was never posted online. You cannot backflash to an older firmware version. At this point, all you can do is power off, then on and hope that the monitor works. If not and under warranty, read this.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 9th, 2018 09:00

Great! Can you explain the entire setup? To what computer model was the U2518D initially connected? Did you turn the U2518D off, then disconnect the video cable from both the PC and the U2518D? Leaving only the U2518D USB cable connected to the PC from which you then ran the firmware update? Since you had to connect a second monitor to the PC, the PC was a desktop.

3 Posts

June 11th, 2018 11:00

The U2518D was connected to a Windows 10 PC with a GeForce GTX 960, it made it to about 85% of the way through the firmware update before freezing. At this point, the buttons on the U2518D did not work anymore but it still showed an image just fine, even through multiple restarts. Restarting Windows into safe mode and retrying the firmware update did not work and it froze in the same place. Unplugging the DP cable from the U2518D and using HDMI/mDP/DP-Out would just result in a blank screen, but the original DP port used before the freeze would still show an image.

So then I removed all cables, save for the USB and power cable and plugged another monitor into my PC so I could see what was going on and ran the firmware utility again, and it completed. The U2518D was never "powered off" at anytime since the initial freeze (mostly because the buttons didn't work) until after successfully running the utility. After the utility completed, the buttons still did not work so I pulled the power from the back and when I plugged it back in, the built in menu was back on the monitor and the buttons could be used.

The utility would not run at all without the USB-up cable plugged in. 

1 Message

October 19th, 2019 03:00

Thank you!

Your tips was very helpful!!! It works. I believe extremely important is to not unplug power cable after freeze.

Have a nice day.

No Events found!