Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

May 29th, 2018 22:00

U2518D, new, random on/off

I didn't know how to put it strongly on the title but here is the problem. Since I bought the monitor I had some weird kind of voltage drops where my screen would go black for a sec or two and then back to normal. 
Now here is what I suspect. my monitor is connected to a power strip where also my small fridge is connected.(plus some other like laptop and woofer).Every time my fridges starts to run and make more noise the monitor goes black. The thing is that this was at first.Now it happens more often and at random times. I tried the monitor also at a single socket and still i get this thing. So I don't know if there is something wrong with the monitor, like dropping voltage (because I had another before which worked fine on the same socket) or is there something wrong with my outlets.

Thank you in advance

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 30th, 2018 07:00

The first thing that you should do is NOT have the U2518D power cable plugged into the same power strip and wall socket that the fridge is connected. Plug the U2518D power cable directly into a wall socket not used by any other device, then retest and post the results.

2 Posts

May 31st, 2018 07:00

Unfortunatelly it is not possible to try this till next month (which i will be moving to a different place) 
Right now I am staying in student dorms and the sockets are limited.

I will however try this when I get to the new place and get back to you with the results.

No Events found!