Start a Conversation

Unsolved

U

1 Message

December 7th, 2022 11:00

U2520D, intermittently goes black

I have an 8 day old Dell Ultrasharp U2520 (25") which was shipped on November 28, 2022.

- I attached it to my computer (Lenovo) by DisplayPort and every 1/2/3 hours it goes black for a second and then comes back. It usually does this 1 or 2 times within a 20 minute period
- I previously had an older Dell Ultrasharp and another smaller monitor connected to the computer, and they did not have this random black screen problem at all
- Right now I have another monitor connected in addition to the U2520 and this does not have the problem at all (known good monitor)

So far I have tried the following and they did not help:
- Troubleshooting steps found in the manual
- Performed Self-test
- Performed Built-in diagnostics test
- Tried a different power outlet
- Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the DisplayPort cable
- Performed Factory Reset 
- Checked for Windows update
- Reinstalled drivers & installed Dell monitor software

I have a short video displaying the problem which I can share privately.

The issue is very similar to problems with the U2520 found :
- here, Dell
- here, Reddit
- here, YouTube

At this point it is pretty obvious to me the problem is with the monitor. I love the display, have always loved Ultrasharp and would like to stick with this model or better. I am a bit concerned as there are 2 reports on the web -- but I assume many other people have also NOT had the problem.

Important points/ concerns:
- I am NOT ok with paying a restocking fee of 15%
- I am 100% NOT ok with getting a refurbished exchange product when it is brand new/ 8 days old

I have the video and service tag ready.
Please let me know next steps.
Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 7th, 2022 12:00

To receive assistance from Dell support agents, click the "Get help now" icon on the right. Share with them the private monitor Service Tag, 20 digit serial number, and all of your troubleshooting.

No Events found!