Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 4th, 2015 16:00

U2711 Flickering Problem

Hi,

I have bought used Dell U2711 monitor. It was in mint condition, I tested the panel through monitor test, and there were no dead, or stuck pixels, the colors are uniform, and the panel seemed to be ok. But when I came home and turned on monitor on my Windows machine, I was very dissapointed what I was able to see. I some ocasions, not every time, with some kind of pictures and videos, there are horizontal , one pixel in height, white lines which are flcikering and goind up and down with the picture as I am scrolling up and down. I tried to cath it with camera, so here is the video on YT:

Can someone suggest me what it could be? I really like this monitor, the colors are awesome, but I can't get over this flickering problem?

Thank you very much!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 8th, 2015 21:00

The 2010 U2711 has DP, two DVI, VGA, HDMI. Have you tested them all? Do you see the issue when running the Self-Test and BID (Built-in Diagnostics), page 39. What is the 20 digit serial number?

September 9th, 2015 15:00

I tested DP, DVI and HDMI ports... there is always the same issue. I don't see any problems when running the self-test. I supose it may be this kind of problem but in much lesser way:

www.youtube.com/watch;list=PL_4g_QEGhLJ00VkJ8rn1RPL4rZZ5AUNJC&index=1

www.youtube.com/watch;index=2&list=PL_4g_QEGhLJ00VkJ8rn1RPL4rZZ5AUNJC

www.youtube.com/watch;index=3&list=PL_4g_QEGhLJ00VkJ8rn1RPL4rZZ5AUNJC

September 9th, 2015 15:00

I tested DP, DVI and HDMI ports... there is always the same issue. I don't see any problems when running the self-test. I supose it may be this kind of problem but in much lesser way:

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 10th, 2015 07:00

Test it on another computer. If the same issue returns, the monitor is defective.

No Events found!