Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2012 23:00

U2711 frustrations >:-(

The monitor enters power saving mode for ALL video ports (HDMI, Display port, HDMI, DVI, DVI-D1, DVI-D2). I spent a motza and this monitor will enter power saving mode after 10-15 minutes.
 - This happens when I'm in Windows 7
 - Also when I'm in my BIOS. I'm not an average PC user and I consider myself an advanced PC user.

I have tried the following:

• I have also tried other resolutions to no avail!!
  • I have restarted my monitor, disconnecting/reconnecting on both ends (..and all permutations in between for all ports).
  • I have also tried this on the native motherboard video input and my external video card input - this monitor FAILS.
  • I have changed my motherboard drivers.
  • Changed my video card drivers,
  • I have also BOUGHT NEW cables to try to resolve this. Nothing.
  • I have gone through endless power cycles, power cord re-seats and this monitor still enters power saving mode. Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm using two LG Flatron M2362D and this works amazing - I'll admit they do not look as good as a DELL but at least I'm not frustrated!!

So DELL I want my money back or a replacement monitor! Your monitor is clearly faulty.

DELL I'm not gonna quit I'm gonna keep at you until I get a satisfactory response.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 11:00

Dell Policy Concerning Exchanges -
If the monitor exchange is setup inside the first 21 days from the invoice date, the replacement will be New.
If the monitor exchange is setup outside of the first 21 days from the invoice date, the replacement will be Refurbished/Used.

If you only have a Dell order number for your monitor, you should contact Order Support for your country. If you purchased the monitor bundled with a Dell PC, contact Technical Support for your country. They will need the following data -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Monitor Order number:
PC Service Tag number if bundled:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number:
Reason:

January 3rd, 2012 12:00

Hi Chris,

Thank you. I purchased the monitor from a retailer and they claim that they do not deal with DELL, the consumer deals with DELL. I have been getting shoved from pillar to post. The manilla help desk team are a real pain to deal with because they have a script to deal with and deviation from this is pretty much a not the go and so I have to go through the case with them. Previously I took the stance that I wanted the monitor replaced now I'm taking the stance of wanting my money back...perhaps I'll both approaches and will update this thread.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 5th, 2012 07:00

If the reseller can provide to you their Dell Order number that shows when they purchased the monitor from Dell, we can then take that Order number and look into transfering the ownership to you. If they cannot provide the Order number, my advice is to return it to them for credit and buy one directly from us. Then, you will get a unique Order number in your name.

No Events found!