Can't figure mine out. Have tried all suggestions. The issue is I was using displayport, but have now switched to trying to use dvi. However, when I turn on the pc the monitor searches for a displayport signal and can't find one. I cannot manually select dvi as the input as the osd is locked. If I hold down the menu button it gets interrupted by the "searching for signal" notification, and so 15 seconds is impossible. I do not have access to another displayport output source to try.
* Turn off the computer and monitor
* Disconnect all cabling from the bottom and sides of the monitor
* Press and hold in the monitor power button in for 10 seconds
* Reconnect the cabling to the monitor and then to the computer
* Reconnect the monitor power cord
* Turn on the monitor, then the computer. See if the OSD is still locked
Hi Chris, thank you for your response.
As I mentioned, I have tried the previous suggestions in this forum to no avail. Doing what you just suggested leads the monitor to still say that there is no displayport signal, interrupting the 15 second button press.
Sounds defective to me. Doing the "hard" power reset is the only way I know to fix this.
I'll be getting a replacement graphics card next week with display port output (like my old one which I just sold, leading me to use a DVI outputting device for the time being) and I'll let you know whether or not I can disable the lock then. If so, there's a real flaw in the software which should be addressed.