ultrapixel
6 Indium

Re: U2713H Card Reader Not Working.

i had same problem with service tag webpage outside of usa selection it seemed to work for me only after setting the us to uk in the stringer header link in your browser ..  " www.onlineregister.com/dell "     (the c=us <<  part) i changed it to uk and i thin kit took.. as it responded after putting in address etc,, i have a01 rev and sdcard crashes win8 and i have a titan nvidia(so i guess we wait for new drivers on the dp 1.2 issues?)

0 Kudos
ultrapixel
6 Indium

but has anyone had their A02 revision and these problems are fixed (maybe not the dp1.2 issue anyway soudns possibly a nvidia thing)? how can we verify to the support team that we need a new version abofve A01 / A02? i cant let my monitor go away and wait for a new one i cant work at home.. i dont get paid etc!?if so do they deliver the new one then take the old one?

0 Kudos
ultrapixel
6 Indium

also ive tried 3.20 beta nvidiasdrivers with the Titan card still has the dp1.2 problem.. but its supposed to have dp1.2 fixes within for 600 series? so maybe those with 670/80/90 cards can test..?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sflyer
1 Copper

I knew if I called Dell Tech Support (USA) too soon, they wouldn't know what I was talking about. So I waited until today. Today was too soon. I think any day would be too soon.

Chris, I read your post word-for-word. She had no idea what I was talking about. I offered to email them the link to your post. She said she couldn't receive emails. Plus, she didn't want it "because it was off a forum, and you probably don't work for Dell."

She made me go through a "troubleshooting procedure," so I could tell her the same thing again. So far I have fifty minutes on this phone call and on hold again.

I just read her the 90-character http address of this page and am holding again while she checks "additional resources." Over a hour phone call so far.

She's refusing a new monitor exchange because I've had it over thirty days. I explained (again!!!) that wouldn't do any good. She starts to read me the thirty day-policy. I just asked for a supervisor. Call time 1:15.

Didn't get a supervisor. She said she could request from another department to have a new monitor sent, but she couldn't guarantee it. I asked, "So you're going to send me a monitor, and it could be refurbished or new? "Yes" was the answer. And if I wasn't willing to accept the chance of getting refurbished monitor, she would have to stop processing the request.

She also said it wasn't a known defect. If it was, none of the USB ports would be working.

Chris, is the U2713H card reader/USB 3 defect ya'lls little secret in Austin? Now what should I do?

1:25 total call time with no resolution. Embarrassingly bad.

0 Kudos
ultrapixel
6 Indium

we need clear instructions as ill be calling uk dell this week and i want to tell them exactly what rev version and *NEW* exchange details they/I/We need before sending  a new one.... in case they to dont know what we're on about?

0 Kudos
LLMo
1 Nickel

I was told by UK Dell that they can't guarantee the revision will be the correct one so I doubt they know yet.

0 Kudos
ultrapixel
6 Indium

my monitor :

jan build date A01 - light leak pretty bad (although not as bad as some other rev ive seen on here)

dp1.2 not working correctly with software thats included (evewn wit hbeta 3.20 nvidias)

sometimes doesnt swtich back on stays asleep?(actually its there if you plug in an hdmi to the gfx card..)forgets dp is the main port for screen 1 in windows 8..

sdcard reader when inserting a card crashes windows instantly..

anyone else have better rev wit hsimialr problems still??

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

As I've posted previously in this thread, I too have called Dell multiple times trying to get a *NEW* exchange, but every single person I have spoken with has refused since I purchased the monitor back in January.

All in all, I have probably spent 5 or more hours on the phone with Dell regarding this problem.  Don't know what to do now.

0 Kudos
onthequiet
6 Indium

Chris, do you have powers to authorize a new monitor to other countries (e.g. UK) and do you have an internal employee number, email address or such like that would allow other Dell employees to easily contact you?

If so, I'm guessing a pretty straightforward way for people who are struggling with the support team, would be to ask them to contact Chris Mixon, Round Rock, Texas (just click on your profile pic for this info) for authorization to get the new monitor?

As you know, I have just purchased the U2713H and have a problem with sound line-out on another thread

(en.community.dell.com/.../19503875.aspx).... I appreciate all your help there by the way!  As a result I haven't had a chance to verify USB3.0 and Card Reader are working as they should be. As I have a revision A00 I'm not holding out much hope but will hopefully get a chance to verify later. If they are also not working, I'm guessing a swap-out may be best and hopefully this will solve all problems.

0 Kudos
landge
1 Copper

Hi Chris,

I've called the DELL service in Norway/Sweden and asked for a replacement. It was no problem at all. I've got the new display today.

BUT:

The problem remains!!  It seems to be the same revision! What should I do now? Just call for a second replacement (third device?)

Thanks

0 Kudos