_diabl0_
1 Copper

Re: U2713H Card Reader Not Working.

Hi Chris,

How about Singapore? thinking to order one from dell website, do you know whether the problem is fixed?

Thanks,

_diabl0_

0 Kudos
IsLNdbOi
3 Argentium

Chris, I went to the Dell technical support site and entered both my U2713H's service tag number and express service code, but both were not found.

Can you help me with this?  I did go through many exchanges with this monitor.

0 Kudos

It will take many weeks for an exchanged service tag to be assigned to a user on the website.

0 Kudos
GavinAshford
1 Copper

You say it will take week (thats fine) should we expect an email confirmation or something when the assignment has been completed?

0 Kudos

I said weeks (plural). No. That website does not send out an email. All you can do is periodically check the site.

0 Kudos
GavinAshford
1 Copper

Yeah, sorry, I thought I'd hit S, clearly not - thanks for confirmation.

0 Kudos
IsLNdbOi
3 Argentium

The last exchange was made in late January / early February.  How many weeks exactly?  It's been a few months...

0 Kudos
LLMo
1 Copper

Ok, so i got my replacement monitor today after calling dell Europe and explaining everything to them (they hadn't heard of the issue which worried me at the time) and forwarding them to this thread. The manager "skim" read the forum thread and approved the replacement.

They asked me to email them my serial number and in this email i also stated "Please could you check that the replacement monitor is the NEW FIXED version and not a refurb or old version."

I had a feeling that I would get an old monitor and of course I got the A01 revision manufactured in November 2012. I'm guessing its not the fixed monitor and needless to say its going back with the guy who's coming to pick up my old monitor on Thursday and I'm going to have to call again tomorrow.

I'm not sure how else to put it to them to make sure I get a fixed monitor.

Is there any more information i can give them to make sure I get a fixed one? Have they even been manufactured yet? Should I bother to test the A01? Has the fix been applied to older monitors? Chris you mentioned that we should ask for new monitors. You mean ones manufactured in April?

Thanks

0 Kudos

I mean the exchange should be setup as New, not Used in our tool.

0 Kudos
LLMo
1 Copper

I can't use the tool. It doesn't work for anything outside the USA. I did this >> Contact Dell Technical Support for your country. Explain that you have the issue of the U2713H Card Reader and USB ports not working via USB3.0.... Tell them to create a NEW monitor exhange. A USED/refurbished monitor exchange will send out monitors that have NOT been fixed.

I got a November monitor. The European Dell Tech support guys here seem to have no idea about this problem. If i tell them exactly this again i'll get another A01. I just wanted to know if there is something that I can tell them that will let them know they have the right monitor. I don't mind getting a new screen every few weeks until the right one comes, just trying to help you guys. 🙂

0 Kudos