Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 12th, 2014 15:00

U2713H, Self Test not starting?

Hi, 

I have the same problem of not able to enter the built-in diagnostics. I turned off PC and monitor. disconnected the video cable. Turned on the monitor. A floating box with DVi cable entering save mode in 5 min. I pressed  top 1 Preset Modes & 4 Menu buttons in for two seconds and nothing happened. 

I wanted to do this because I started to see flickering with horizontal coloured lines. And when I searched for a solution I found the using the built-in diagnostics to check that. 

I got my Dell U2713H from a computer dealer, Please advise?  

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 12th, 2014 16:00

Khallodex,

Did you try it using these specific instructions?

* The computer and monitor are on
* Unplug all of the monitor cables from the back of the monitor except the power cord
* The monitor then goes into the self-test mode
* Press and hold Preset Modes button 1 and Menu button 4 on the front panel simultaneously for 2 seconds
* A gray screen appears
* Press Menu Button 4. The color of the screen changes to red
* Press Menu Button 4. The color of the screen changes to green
* Press Menu Button 4. The color of the screen changes to blue
* Press Menu Button 4. The color of the screen changes to black
* Press Menu Button 4. The color of the screen changes to white
* Press Menu Button 4 to exit the test

Not buying the monitor directly from Dell complicates issues for you. You will have to transfer the ownership of the monitor service tag into your name using this form. Once that is complete in 10 to 15 business days, contact Dell Technical SUpport for your country and provide to them the following information -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Service Tag number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID serial number:
Reason/Issue/Failure:

105 Posts

March 13th, 2014 04:00

Wow thanks for sharing these tips. I experienced the same problem and I am really glad to find this post. 

I just followed your step by step instructions and it worked fine. Thank you!

2 Posts

March 14th, 2014 16:00

Same thing. Nothing had. The box keeps floating around. But anyway its not a big problem for me if I can fix the flickering. If you have any idea what causes it? Please advise.

Also thanks for the return details. The thing is in my country UAE this monitor was not there and shipping will take time from Dell and I found it in some computer shop. Pay and get. But it looks that the results are not good :(

No Events found!