Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2013 13:00

U2713H USB Connection X-RITE / and no SD-CARD Reader

Hello community,

I hope somebody is able to help me. (I try to explain my problems, but my English is not the best )

Two days ago I bought a new Dell U2713H REV A02 and also a i1 Dislay Pro device.

At first, everything was fine, I was able to calibrate my display but today I was running into a lot of problems...

Today, I got a new USB3.0 controller. I did connect the display to this new usb port and wanted to calibrate my display again but I am getting the message "please connect your display to your usb port". I did test to use the "old 2.0" port which I was using before but it is also not longer working.

Due to this reason, I deinstalled all driver and installed everything again --> same problem "please connect your display to the usb port ...."

The SD Card reader also did disappear from the Hardware List and I am also not able to install the card reader again.

In my point of view, something strange happened with the usb connection or with the drivers ( I hope this is not a hardware bug or defect

What else I can do to fix this issue ? All USB ports already tested, software and driver deinstalled

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 20th, 2013 16:00

Mike_1976,

Did you only install the Dell software or did you also install some retail version of the X-rite software?

13 Posts

June 21st, 2013 00:00

Hi Chris,

thx for feedback.

I did a lot of tests yesterday but I am still not able to handle this issue.

I tried both.

At first I did install the latest available Dell Driver for the U2713H and also the latest available Dell Calibration Software --> was getting the message "please connect the monitor to your pc via usb)

After that I also installed the X-Rite profiler software ---> same problem while using the Calibration Software.

Later, I deinstalled the Dell Driver Software,the Dell Calibration Software and the X-Rite Profiler, rebootet the system and installed driver and calibration software again --- > same problem "Please connect ......"

A deeper look to this issue shows, that if I connect the U2713H to my "old USB 2.0 Port " ( I am not longer using the USB 3.0 Card in my system ) the Monitor is not recognized from the calibration software but the USB ports of the monitor are working, but the card reader isn´t working. I am able to connect a device to this ports.

I did check the device manager and I can see that there are my usb 2.0 ports are installed and also some generic usb ports and under drives ( I am not sure if it is the correct name in englisch ) I can see my hard disc, my ssd and also 3 generic drives.

There is nothing called card reader, no undefined or unknown devices or devices with a problem.

I really don´t know what is causing this issue

Btw: I also tried to delete/ clear the infcache.1 of Windows --- nothing,l same issue

13 Posts

June 21st, 2013 10:00

I don´t know why but today I did start my Windows System and everything was working fine again... strange !!

I will keep an eye on this issue, hope that this will never occur again.

Btw... the card reader in the U2713H, is it USB 3.0 CR or only a 2.0 ?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 25th, 2013 07:00

It is compatible with both USB 3 and 2.

6 Posts

June 25th, 2013 13:00

Mike, I got the same monitor and same issue few days ago when trying to use the i1 Display Pro.  Well, my desktop does not even regonize the i1 Display Pro hardware with the extended USB ports on the computer case. I ultimately had to connect it to the USB port in the back, which physically attach to the motherboard, and it worked!  Give it a try and see if Windows detect it.

P.S. at some point in the earlier test, Windows saw the USB connection (i1DP) but always failed to install the driver for it.....until I finally connect it to the USB port that comes out of the motherboard.

Hope it helps

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 25th, 2013 15:00

Mike_1976,

For my notes, did you purchase this monitor directly from Dell?

13 Posts

June 26th, 2013 03:00

Hi Chris,

a salesman ordered this monitor for me directly from Dell and it was also dispatched from Dell directly to me.

Please allow me one more question.

I did calibrate my Dell with the i1DP for RGB and Adobe RGB ( 140 cd/m² ) but in the evening when I did some picture editing, I noticed a very bright backlight in all four corners.

I can see it also when a screen saver is running, it is looking bad......I am not sure if I will become happy with this bright backlight..

Is it possible to send you a picture showing this behaviour, so that you can check if this is ok or not ?

Mike

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 26th, 2013 08:00

Just post it on the forum.

13 Posts

June 26th, 2013 08:00

OK, thx.

I will post photos later

13 Posts

June 26th, 2013 12:00

Hi Chris,

here is a photo (not the best quality ) but I think you should see it.

Mode "standard" .. In Mode CAL1 I did calibrate the monitor for RGB 120 cd/m² and it is a litte bit better

13 Posts

tranathi, did you handle the problem with the USB problem ?

My i1DP is now working fine on USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

That is within our manufacturer specification.

6 Posts

I think it is an IPS Glow more than backlight bleed.  My u2713H behaves the same way as yours in black background.

6 Posts

June 26th, 2013 13:00

Yes. It now recognizes the i1DP hardware. But it keeps popping up a "DellColo" error message while performing the color calibration. Don't know what to do now.

13 Posts

June 26th, 2013 13:00

Are you using the latest software ? I did download the latest one

No Events found!