Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 17th, 2014 14:00

U2713H calibration

Trying to address printing issues for photo's so I decided to get the Xrite calibrator. Run through the calibration process, created a profile . So that all seems to work fine. However, what happens next. I can't find the profile I created anywhere so I can't see what has changed etc. Looked under the Dell Display manager - can see it there.  So I am a little confused as to how this calibration process works and how the new profile is applied . Where can you view which profile is active. 

3 Apprentice

• 

725 Posts

January 18th, 2014 05:00

Dell Display manager (DDM) only switch between OSD modes. Like touching physical buttons in monitor but easy.

Once a profile is created and activated (in every cañibration & profiling program I know) it is stored in System's  color management folder.
In your case, with Windows , it is stored in:

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\ .icm

To switch between profiles (for windows 7, in W8 I think it would be easy to you to search "Color management"):
Control Panel -> Color management -> Devices (tab) -> look for your Dell U2713H ( )
The profile marked as default is the one you hace applied.

Please note that these Dell-xrite profiles only store how the display behaves in CAL1 or CAL2 modes. If you wish to create a traditional profile (calibration in GPU) in Custom/sRGB/AdobeRGB/Standard OSD modes with other tool (i1Profiler, ArgyllCMS/DispcalGUI) it would be stored in the same location. However, GPU calibrations (stored in VCGT tag in ICM file) may be not properly loaded when switched this way: If you switch profile in control panel and the start DispcalGUI and select in the first combo box, VCGT will be loaded properly in GPU LUTs for sure.

27 Posts

January 18th, 2014 07:00

For calibrating the monitor you should use Dell XRITE Monitor Application, which can be downloaded from the monitor driver download page.

For properly loading of the profiles for the GPU you can check that article in http://www.laszlopusztai.net/2009/08/23/stop-losing-display-calibration-with-windows-7/

2 Posts

January 18th, 2014 19:00

Thank you - eventually found color management settings under Windows 7 .  The procedure described worked fine so I am now confident the right calibration is loaded into my GPU and I can focus on the next step in my workflow. 

3 Apprentice

• 

725 Posts

January 19th, 2014 05:00

If you use DCCS to create a LUT3D calibration in CAL1 or CAL2 no calibration is stored in GPU. The icm files created are just a description of how the monitor behaves (with a LUT3D calibration active).

To avoid errors these icm files have a tag called VCGT with a linear calibration (input=output) just to override any GPU calibration that you could have active prior to activation of this ICM in control panel.

No Events found!