Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2017 19:00

U2713H, end of sales cycle, RMA?

There are so many complaints about this U2713H firmware A06,  A10.11, drivers, DDM, X-Rite, Dell System Detect, USB 3.0 up streaming ports! All with hardware and application errors and not working!

A month ago, my U2713H screen display turns color "Pink" and I also done a "Monitor Self-Test"; https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln297003/how-to-use-and-troubleshoot-the-dell-u2413-and-u2713h-monitors?lang=en. The said pink was problematic and to RMA!

The Dell Support Hotline 1-800-280-3355 did not honor my unexpired warranty? What reputation to say that it is end-of-life (means only "factory cease production") as well as RMA/replacement (all are used and refurnished)! 

It is NOT true end-of-life for RMA/replacement because they are used and refurnished U2713H! I told them that RMA is possible regardless of end-of-life. Yet, they refused to give me U2713H as RMA. In fact, and as we know, because of so many customers complaints on U2713H that may result end-of-life!  Then why Dell cannot replace/RMA my refurnished monitor lying around and what about those unsold ones?

Next, I did not expect Support to "push" me to accept a cheaper monitor (2/3 price of U2713H) with lower specs; I am short change of money! How can Dell had such another bad manners and reputation. I think it should be good to offer a better/upgrade model to "heal" the pain caused to me and also to other customers too! Very angry. Dell support is very bad to me! Why? Since the day I purchased in late 2013, I failed to get RMA/replacement successfully until my said monitor turns "pink". I cannot keep further. My warrant is 5 years and expiring soon in year 2018. Beware, why Dell is not good to me? Will Dell please reply because my huge emails was "junk" to Dell and never answer to my direct questions! Will Dell take action against Dell Support because of my complaints?

Thank you. 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 14th, 2017 05:00

Dell is well within legal rights to substitute a different model. Escpecially for a 2013 model. If Support said that we did not have any in stock, then they will find the closest match (size, ports, resolution, etc.) of currently selling monitors. This is well within the Dell Policies and Legal jurisdiction of the purchased warranty.

13 Posts

December 4th, 2017 18:00

I quote you "Dell is well within legal rights to substitute a different model. Especially for a 2013 model. If Support said that we did not have any in stock, then they will find the closest match (size, ports, resolution, etc.) of currently selling monitors. This is well within the Dell Policies and Legal jurisdiction of the purchased warranty."

Where these words are came from Dell warranty and stipulated terms and condition?

I cannot find any here about any downgraded monitor prior to this?

Dell did not honor the 5 years warranty for my purchase on 1 Dec 2013. Immediately, I'd mentioned many times about firmware and the applications problems and errors to Dell Support. The latter failed many, many times to replace/RMA my U2713H firmware A6. There was U2713H for replacement until on 24 Nov 2017 is end-of-live (i.e. end-of-life means end of production and sales but does not apply to 5 years warranty/RMA validity because there are unsold new U2713H and also refurnished/repairs in stock) As such you are solely who do not honor my monitor to expire 1 Dec 2018. Is too early to terminate any of your warranty and valid for legal proceedings and damages.

Dell Support offered both UP2716D and U2715H, I quote you; both are NOT "the closest match (size, ports, resolution, etc.) Again, I will a not accept another U2716D and U2715H because their specs are poorer and prices are cheaper and more than two-thirds prices than of UP2761D! Firstly, their prices "marked" their closest or furthest match.

First, I was offered on 24 Nov UP2716D and their comparison U2713H versus UP2716D was rejected as below;
Panel Type: AH-IPS vs QHD-IPS (not true AH-IPS)
Feature: Dell Premier Color(not Dell made; unknown specs?) vs HDCP
NTSC:  NIL vs 120%
Brightness: 300 vs 350 cd/m2
Average Response Time: 14ms vs 6ms
Maxi Horizontal frequency: 113 vs 88 kHz
Maxi Vertical frequency:   86 vs 75 Hz
Power Consumption (eco):   30 vs 45 Watts
Weight    6.3 vs   4.56 kg
Display Port Output: Yes vs No
DVI-D Dual Link: Yes vs No
D-Sub:   Yes vs No
Display Screen View Size is smaller than U2713H:
-Width:  639.3 vs 611.4 mm
-Height:  378.2 vs 362.5 mm
-Depth:   74.1 vs  51.4 mm

Now Dell is more foolish than ever to give second offer U2715H instead of better than UP2716D! Again is an outcry, cheaper price, poorer specs than UP2716D. In short, one of specs, Colors: 16777216 (24 bits) is NOT the closest because U2713H has Colors: 1073741824 (30 bits). Certainly, this said second replacement is outright to reject as last offer by Dell Support.

The closest and fairer model to replace U2713H is P2715Q or UP2718Q. 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 5th, 2017 05:00

We are not going to debate this Dell policy on this Forum. You may use the Unresolved issues form to carry on this Dell Policy debate.

No Events found!