Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2013 08:00

U2713HM HDMI not working

I've just got a brand new U2713HM, and while the VGA and DVI ports work great, there is no signal when I use HDMI.

Basically, I select the HDMI input on the monitor, and I get "No HDMI Cable" message. And the funny thing is if the monitor goes to Power Saver mode while there is no cable plugged in, and I insert the HDMI from the Macbook Pro or Apple TV, the display wakes up, but the same "No HDMI Cable" message is still the only thing that is displayed.

Any idea how to solve this, or do I need to bring it for repair?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 18th, 2013 11:00

hpharris,

The U2713HM HDMI needs to be tested on non-apple devices. We know from other apple users that our monitors have issues with apple proprietary HDMI cabling and hardware. So you need a non-apple HDMI cable connected to a non-apple source.

1 Message

December 14th, 2013 15:00

Hi - so is this to say the Dell U2713HM doesn't work with MacBook Pro? Or should I use another connection? I am having the same problem. Thanks.

2 Posts

January 5th, 2014 09:00

Hi Chris,

So, nether HDMI -> HDMI nor Mini DisplayPort -> DisplayPort work under these configurations:

- Macbook Pro Retina, Early 2013 (NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M), OS X 10.9

- Macbook Pro Retina, Early 2013 (NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M), Windows 8.1

- Macbook Pro Retina, Late 2013 (NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M), OS X 10.9

- Macbook Air, Mid 2013 (Intel HD 5000), OS X 10.9

HDMI didn't work on these devices (no DisplayPort to test):

- Playstation 3 Slim

- Apple TV, 3rd generation

- Average custom built PC (average Intel graphic card), Windows 7

I never managed to get DisplayPort working, but HDMI did work on one really old Mac Mini (from around 2009).

Can you tell me if this is a hardware issue with the monitor, or is it possible that there is a huge incompatibility with all of these devices? I've used my mac to connect to bunch of projectors, TV sets and other monitors (including a 23" Dell monitor at work), and each time it worked flawlessly. This is the first time I am having these problems (either I get a message that a cable is not connected to the display, or it immediately goes into sleep mode).

No Events found!