Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 28th, 2019 01:00

U2713HM, dual setup on E-Port Plus keeps waking up

Hi

I have two U2713HM's connected thru DisplayPort on my ePort Plus docking station. Resolution for both is 1440p (that's why I have to use DP and not DVI).

I use a Latitude e7450 running Windows 10.

When I power off my laptop (or put it in sleep mode), both monitors enter power saving mode well like it is supposed to.

However: when I let my setup save energy by using the "screen timeout" in windows 10, both monitors go black after the screen timeout time, but they keep waking up/flashing Entering Power Save Mode" without going to sleep.

I used to have two PackardBell 24" monitors before who would go to sleep like it is supposed to, but they were connected over DVI and DVI only supports 1080p max.

Any solution to this? I know I can turn of the screen timeout when connected to power, but I like to keep my laptop turned on, but turn off the monitors when I'm away. 

November 30th, 2019 13:00

SOLVED:

I bought 2x Sharkoon DP to DVI (active) adapters. They're not so expensive anymore (15 euro's in Belgium per piece).

Now both U2713HM monitors are connected to my E-Port Plus as followed: E-Port Plus DP port --> Sharkoon DP to DVI adapter --> DVI 24+1 pin cable --> DVI input monitor.

Monitors go to sleep and wake up like they should on 1440p!

3 Apprentice

• 

426 Posts

November 28th, 2019 08:00

Try going into the OSD on both monitors and turn DDC/CI off. May make no difference, but its worth a try...

November 28th, 2019 11:00

I've read that on other topics and tried that already, but no avail... Tnx for the tip! 

No Events found!