Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 11th, 2014 18:00

U2713HM loud buzzing when small text is displayed

I'm connecting my monitor via Displayport from a macbook laptop.  Whenever a large amount of small text is displayed on screen, I hear a loud high-pitched buzzing noise from the monitor.  This noise will disappear if I enlarge the text such that less text is displayed.  Is there an easy fix for this?  My monitor revision is A01, March 2013 manufactured date.

Thanks!

Tim

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 11th, 2014 21:00

Can you replicate the issue on a windows computer? We do not test on apple. Create the buzz. Press the Menu button and open the OSD (On Screen Display).

* Go to Other Settings
* Choose Factory Reset and Reset All Settings
* Does the buzz stop? If not, go to Brightness / Contrast
* The factory values should be 75/75
* Lower the Brightness and listen to see if the buzz stops. If it does, keep the brightness at that level and raise the contrast to get an image you can be satisfied with using those changes

September 2nd, 2014 17:00

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the long delay in reply.

Yes, the issues are still present when I connect to a Windows computer over DVI.

I've tried Factory Reset and also the LCD Conditioning, and neither seem to affect the buzzing issue.  There doesn't seem to be an improvement when I lower the brightness (at least down to 25).  In general, the noise seems proportional to the amount of text being displayed.

Thanks!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

September 3rd, 2014 07:00

Get it replaced.
* Go back to the top of this Monitor Forum
* Open "FAQ Monitor"
* Open "Monitor warranties and instructions"

No Events found!