Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 24th, 2013 03:00

U2713HMs not recognized by Dell Display Manager?

Hello,

I have an installation of 3 x U2713HM monitors on a desktop with SLI of two GTX470 nvidia graphics cards. The monitors are connected with the DVI dual link cables supplied with the monitors and the drivers have been succesfully installed too as i can see the name of the monitors in the display properties of windows. However the DDM displays a warning "please connect a supported dell monitor"  and when i click on it it has a longer general wanrning message asking me to check display driver compatibility and power cycling the monitor... I have tried all DDM installations and update from the one inlcuded in the CD version 12XX something up to the most up to date which is 1360 only a few days ago but no luck. The windows installation is windows 7 sp1 64bit. It is also an open ticket in the dell support center and i am very happy with their response so far but we still have not solved the problem. I just thought of posting here in case anyone has similar problems with the gtx470 or the sli setup.

Thanks in advance,
Vangelis

234 Posts

October 24th, 2013 10:00

DDM requires that the display driver support DDC/CI, which sometimes gets broken in complex SLI configurations. Make sure DDC/CI is enabled in the OSD of each of the monitors, and that you aren't running any 3rd party temperature or voltage monitoring utilities which can interfere with DDC/CI. Then try a different display driver from NVidia.

If none of that helps temporarily simplify your configuration to see at what point DDC/CI gets broken in the NVidia driver. Start with one monitor and one graphics card and run DDM, then 2 monitors and one graphics card, then 2 monitors on two non-SLI graphics cards, then 3 monitors on 2 graphics cards, then SLI the 2 graphics cards (back to your preferred normal configuration).

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 24th, 2013 07:00

Vangelis,

Verify that you have the latest Microsoft .NET Client installed. Then, try to install DDM version 1244 from here.

5 Posts

October 24th, 2013 09:00

Thank you for the prompt reply. I followed your instructions but the problem remains. Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Vangelis

5 Posts

October 31st, 2013 05:00

Problem solved. The DDC/CI was not enabled on the screens! Although I had never manually disabled it I restored to factory settings all three of them and it works fine now. Thank you for your reply.

No Events found!