Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Rookie

• 

403 Posts

September 23rd, 2019 16:00

U2717D, GTX 1070, white screen

My Dell U2717D started changing to a solid white screen recently. I bought it new from Dell about a year ago. It does it 2 or 3 times a week. The only way I have found to fix it is to reboot. Can't find a fix for my specific problem by searching. Any ideas?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

September 24th, 2019 11:00

* For my Dell notes, click my name and private message me the U2717D service tag number and the XPS 8930 service tag number

* Data;
GTX 1070 video out ports = DP/DP/DP/HDMI/DVI-D
U2717D video in ports = HDMI/DP/mDP
U2717D cable provided = DP to mDP

* Troubleshooting that you can do;
- Test all three of the DP in ports on the GTX 1070 using the U2717D mDP to DP cable
- Test all three of the DP in ports on the GTX 1070 using a retail DP to DP cable
- Test using a retail HDMI to HDMI cable

1 Rookie

• 

403 Posts

September 25th, 2019 12:00

Dell-Chris M,

Thanks for your help. The white screen problem is so inconsistent, that it would take months to do the troubleshooting you recommend. It may come to that if it gets worse. 

I haven't changed my stats yet, but I no longer have the GTX 1070. That died 2 days after my warranty expired, so I am using the onboard graphics until I get around to buying a new GPU.

That said, I was hoping there might be a common cause (fix) for the white screen. Guess not.

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

403 Posts

November 18th, 2019 08:00

I had posted here in September about my U2717D going "white". I no longer get a "white" screen, but now I get a  "black screen" (very occasionally). The only solution is to reboot.

I followed the troubleshooting suggestion and bought a VESA certified 1.4 DP connector. I thought everything was OK until last night. My screen went black for about two seconds, then came on extremely bright. I do mean "extremely". I rebooted and it has been right since then. The U2717D is still under the warranty, but I can't prove it is the monitor.

Considering my XPS 8930 has had the MB replaced once, and the GTX 1070 was replaced 3 times, what other options might it be? All I can think of now is my power supply. Does that make sense? The XPS 8930 is out of warranty.

No Events found!