Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 3rd, 2017 18:00

U2717D, GeForce 9600GT DVI out ports, no connection

Same problem I had, there was no way the monitor shows the MENU. The monitor was telling no signal from PC, not from DP or HDMI connections, nothing, DELL tech told me I had a bad monitor, it was returned and I had my money back, then I purchased a U2717D, I just received it today and the same thing, no access to MENU, no signals, going into sleep mode....talked to DELL tech, after trying every thing for about 45 minutes, I was told I had a bad monitor, now waiting for a replacement. Bad luck, bad monitors or what is going on?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 5th, 2017 09:00

Video card DVI out to monitor DP in will not work. See this. Because the 9600 video card is installed in the 570 desktop, you CANNOT use the onboard HDMI and VGA video out ports. You could simply remove the video card from the desktop, and then connect the U2717D to the onboard HDMI out port. Or purchase a different video card that has DP or mDP out ports.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 4th, 2017 06:00

I doubt that two monitors were defective. Did you mean the UP2516D? Both the UP2516D and U2717D have the following video in ports = HDMI, DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort

So your computer needs to have one of those same video out ports. Then press the monitor Menu button, open Input Source and choose the port to which you connected.

* To what computer model is the monitor attached?
* What operating system is installed on the computer?
* What video card/GPU is installed in the computer?
* What video OUT ports are on the video card/GPU?
* List all monitor cables and adapters attached to the computer and the ports they are using and how they are connecting to the monitor. For example =
Computer video card GTX 1080 DP out port --> DP to mDP cable --> U2414H mDP in port

3 Posts

August 4th, 2017 13:00

I have an INSPIRON 570 with an NVIDIA GE Force 9600 GT (DP1.2 compliant Graphic card)

Outputs from the Graphic card are 2 DVI, one was connected with a DVI to DP cable to monitor U2717D , the other out is an HDMI from PC, no signal are picked up by monitor from neither.

I'm running Windows 7. The monitor doesn't even open the MENU or do the Built-in Diagnostic Test.

In the meanwhile I'll purchase another Graphic Card to see if it will solve the problem.

Thanks!

3 Posts

August 6th, 2017 17:00

Well, I figured that, I just ordered a new Graphic Card few days ago, Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 550 4GB GDDR5 HDMI / DVI-D / DP (UEFI) PCI-E with a DP to DP cable, and I will be holding on the monitor.

DELL "Technician" where not able to tell me about the Graphic Card it would not work, after more than half hour first on the U2516 2 month ago, and then in the last case last week with the U2717D, 45 minutes on the phone connecting this cable, disconnecting the other cable, testing, allowing the technician to read the manual, and etc, etc...he came to the conclusion I need a new monitor because mine is damaged.

Thanks!

No Events found!