Start a Conversation

Unsolved

O

1 Message

September 29th, 2018 17:00

U2718Q, iMac 5K Retina via DP, no wake from sleep

Just got the Dell U2718Q, nice display. Only problem is, it doesn't wake from sleep when connected to my iMac 5K Retina, connected via Display Port. It says no signal, and I have to power cycle the U2718Q in order for it to see the DP signal again. Is there a fix for this? Will upgrading to Mac OS Mojave fix this?

Here's my configuration:
iMac 5K Retina 27" Late 2015, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4GB / Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 1st, 2018 10:00

We can see here under, "Operating system", that the U2718Q was never tested/validated by Dell with the Apple proprietary hardware and operating system. All we provided were true Windows PC testing and drivers. Thus, we cannot know how the Apple operating system is notating the Dell monitor or how the Apple power management could be effecting the U2718Q. The lack of a specific Apple operating system driver could be the problem. You should post the issue on the Apple Forum and see what other Apple users have done as far as Apple PC troubleshooting and possible Apple proprietary cabling to purchase.

No Events found!