Start a Conversation

Unsolved

DC

2 Posts

January 30th, 2023 18:00

U2723QE, Mac Studio, DDPM - High CPU and ICC Profiles

I have two issues with my U2723QE (Firmware M2T102) and my Mac Studio (MacOS 13.2 (22D49)) running DDPM (1.1.0.0034).

1. I receive the notification that DDPM is unable to apply the ICC profile on a frequent basis (multiple times a day).  It happens out of the blue.  Are there any work arounds to resolve the issue?

2. DDPM is using considerable CPU, all the time.  I assume this is a bug that needs to be reported.

Any thoughts on either of these?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 1st, 2023 06:00

macOS DDPM 1.1.0.0033 was the first one validated with macOS 13 Ventura.

Did macOS DDPM 1.1.0.0033 have these same issues as macOS DDPM 1.1.0.0034? If not, then uninstall macOS DDPM. Install macOS DDPM 1.1.0.0033 and do not let it update to macOS DDPM 1.1.0.0034.

If both versions have the same issue, uninstall macOS DDPM and keep checking the U2723QE drivers page for a newer version.

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2023 18:00

Thanks Chris!

I was unable to "uninstall" DDPM.  The user guide does not contain uninstallation directions and the installer doesn't include an uninstaller component.  More on this in a moment.

So, I used Activity Monitor to quit the DDPM process and then I downgraded DDPM to 1.1.0.0033 by installing 1.1.0.0033 over 1.1.0.0034.  According to the help screen within DDPM it appears to have worked. Here are my observations.

1. ICC Profile - I haven't seen the issue reappear, but I probably need to give it a bit more time (a couple more days).  So, that seems promising.

2. High CPU - CPU consumption was much lower.  However, after exercising DDPM (i.e. using the application to configure some settings) it returned to high CPU consumption.  Feels like a CPU-leak (similar to a memory-leak, but CPU).  So, the situation is improved, but it feels like there is still a bug to be addressed.

I would like to be able to "disable" or "turn off" or "uninstall" DDPM.  How do I do that?  To temporarily disable DDPM I thought the logical course of action was to uncheck the "Auto-load at startup" checkbox in the DDPM Settings and restart the Mac.  That had no affect, DDPM still loaded.  I tried it under 1.1.0.0034 as well and it had the same result (i.e. after restarting DDPM still loaded).

So, how do I disable or uninstall DDPM until the engineers have an opportunity to address the issue?

Also, maybe a suggestion for the engineers.  DDPM installs several extensions under MacOS.  But the team has chosen names that obscure their relationship to Dell and DDPM.  If I am understanding what was installed they include "Yufu Fan", "readPowerLog.sh", and "DDPM".  It would be helpful to name "Yufu Fan" and "readPowerLog.sh" with names associated with DDPM.  It might be sufficient to just prepend "DDPM - " to the current names.  It would help readability / understandability by Dell's consumers.

1 Message

June 15th, 2023 19:00

Can I just second that naming something related to DDPM "Yufu Fan" is exceptionally unhelpful, and a bit ridiculous... 

No Events found!