Go to Solution

Closed

3 Posts

May 26th, 2022 01:00

U2723QE, MacBook, need longer cable

Hi!

I have purchased a monitor: Dell U2723QE
I am using it with a MacBook.

I use USB-C to C cable that came with a monitor, and on that single cable plugged into the MacBook, I am getting all I need:
- Image: 4k / 60fps
- Power delivery
- Ethernet - network connection
- 2-3 USB devices plugged into monitor (no high data transfers needed)

Problem is that cable from the box is only 100cm, and it's too short for my desk setup. I would like a cable that's 150cm - 200cm long, and supports all of this monitor's features. Is there a cable from Dell that would work? Or else - what technical specification should this cable have?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 26th, 2022 05:00

Dell only tested/validated the cabling as shown on pages 7/8 in the online U2723QX/U2723QE/U3223QE User's Guide.

DP 1.8 M cable (U2723QE/U3223QE only)
USB-C to C 1.0 M cable
USB-C to A 1.0 M cable
HDMI 1.8 M cable (U2723QX only)

Dell cannot know the adverse effects of using longer cabling.

June 1st, 2022 08:00

Sure, here is the link. Like I said it's a Polish brand, so it's probably to buy in Poland only. But I am sure that in other markets there's lots of cables with same parameters.

June 1st, 2022 00:00

Well ... this is not the answer I expected, but thanks anyway, at least the response was quick and specific.

--

On the official USB-C to USB-C 1.0m cable, it is only written: "Type C Gen2 5A" - which surely is not enough info.

Seems that if you need a longer cable, you can only make a guess about parameters, and buy some cable that might work or not.

I did already purchase a replacement cable - and it happily works.
It is Thunderbolt 4 cable by polish brand Abart Pro (as I am located in Poland). Length 1.5m.
It works perfect for me (4k/60p video + ethernet + power delivery + 2 low-power USB devices).

So if anyone else needs longer USB-C cable for Dell monitors, it looks like Thunderbolt 4 cable might work, at least my cable does.

• 

25.1K Posts

June 1st, 2022 01:00

Thank you for understanding. If you could, please post a link to the longer Thunderbolt 4 cable that worked on your MacBook. That could assist other macOS users.

No Events found!