Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2015 01:00

U2913WM, Latitude E5250,

Hi I am using a Dell Latitude E5250 laptop with a Dell U2913WM monitor. I cannot get fill the complete screen and have 1 cm black bars around the edges.  The Intel Graphics confirm the resolution is set at 2560x1080 and a refresh rate of 60p Hz. On the screens own on screen menu the "Auto Adjust" feature is grayed out. I think this used to fix the problem but cannot do it now. I have downloaded and installed the latest Dell screen driver and also unplugged all cables (power included) and pressed the screen power button for 15 seconds as mentioned on another forum post. Please can you help as my screen is a February 2014 build and I did not expect it to shrink.

Thanks

N

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 3rd, 2015 06:00

Auto Adjust only works if you are using the monitor blue VGA in port. The U2913WM appears to be fine since you are getting 2560x1080 60Hz. The issue is a setting on the laptop. Try going to the Intel graphics properties and check your display settings. If you have an "Aspect Ratio Option", change this setting to "Full Screen (no borders)". If it is set to "Maintain Aspect ratio", then this will produce borders.

No Events found!