Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2013 06:00

U2913WM, there is no signal from your Video Source?

Hi,
I had problem with my Dell U2913WM which i bought last week. I managed to use it on VGA cable for few days.. But today the monitor suddenly switch to blank screen and popping out this message =

"Dell U2913WM There is no signal from your Video Source. Press the monitor button now to select the correct input source. input source on the On-Screen-Display menu."

The problem i'm facing now is when i press there monitor button, the selection menu is no longer popped up like last week when i chose to use VGA mode. It just showed Arrow UP, Arrow Down, Tick, Cross, but no more menu displayed out for me to select. I am quite frustrated with this, this monitor just arrived last week and been using for few days, now it is like useless monitor keeps on popping out the error message. Can anyone help me with this problem? 

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
James

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 16th, 2013 07:00

* While the computer is on and the monitor is still connected to the computer video card, turn off the monitor
* Disconnect the monitor power cord from the bottom of the monitor
* Press and hold in the monitor power button for 10 seconds
* Reconnect the monitor power cord
* Turn on the monitor. Now press the monitor Menu button. Does the OSD (On Screen Display) appear?

December 16th, 2013 10:00

Hi 
I just tried 3 times with each waiting for 15mins, the result is still the same. The OSD still just only showing the Arrow up, Arrow down, Tick & Cross. But not menu pop-out as it used to be. What should i do next? I really frustrated and disappointed with this monitor, not even used up to 4days! Any other ways i can reset this monitor? any hole / settings i can use to reset it?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 16th, 2013 11:00

You will need to contact Dell Technical Support for your country (Malaysia). Provide to them the Dell Service Tag number so they can look up the warranty purchased by you. Once the warranty ownership has been confirmed, they can facilitate the monitor exchange.

December 16th, 2013 11:00

too bad... just bought for 4 days... now need to go for warranty exchange.. :emotion-7:

Anyway, thanks for your help. 
I will contact Malaysia Dell Technical Support.

Thank you.

No Events found!