Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2013 02:00

U3014 Monitor won't stay in powersave mode

Hello. Windows 7-64 bit. saphire video card 7950. latest drivers - updated yesterday.

I have ditched DisplayPort because the menu buttons and power buttons sometimes work and sometimes don't work. ANd moved to dual DVI using the cable included with the monitor.

When I suspend the computer, the monitor goes into powersave mode. As it should. And the computer (ASUS m/b) stays in powersave hybrid hibernate/standby the entire time - as it should.

But the U3014 - maybe 20 seconds later, it comes up on the screen "No DVI-D Cable. The display will go into Power Save Mode in 5 minutes". Well it's lying on two accounts - it goes back into power-save mode in < 5 minutes and there is a cable attached. But then another 20 seconds or so later, it's off again repeating the scenario. Not my idea of a power-saving mode.

Why can't this monitor stay in power save mode?

6 Posts

March 23rd, 2013 02:00

Just pulled powercord out of monitor and plugged back in. This time after hibernating computer, monitor went into sleep mode (which you could tell from the on/off switch fading in/out). Then the monitor makes a click (sparking) sound, comes to life and says "Entering power save mode"... goes into power save mode. Clicks again, back to life again - "Entering power save mode"....  Seemed to stay there this time.  (Yes, cables are in tight)

EDIT: Ok, I restarted the computer and this time the monitor powersaving is working again.... How weird is that? If the computer is sound alseep in hibernate it surely cant send stuff to the monitor. I suspect a bug in the monitor firmware and restarting the computer  fixed things....

hmmmm and i only a few days left to decide on my 14 day satisfaction guarantee.... I really luv this monitor but dont luv these problems...

1 Message

November 8th, 2013 17:00

Hello mate!  I had the exact same problem and it was driving me nuts.  My Graphics Card is an EVGA 02G-P4-2651-KR GeForce GTX 650.  It has 2 DVI ports, one is a DVI-D and the other is a DVI-I.  My problem finally got solved this morning (hopefully) when I simply switched from the DVI-D port to the DVI-I port.  Go figure!

No Events found!