Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2013 05:00

U3014 Power and menu buttons not working

Hello. I have a lovely 30" Dell 3014 monitor connected on DisplayPort to a saphire video card 7950.

It was working, but windows is running now and I press the power button and nothing happens, same with the menu buttons. Is this normal? The computer may have been in standby come out of it not sure.

So when should these buttons work and when shouldnt they?

And what is also interesting, the Dell Display Manager says no Dell Monitor connected! It lies!

If I pull the power out of monitor and plug back in, menu works again. I can press power button which turns monitor off. But cant turn it back on again.

Windows is running all the time here. (Win 7-64 bit).

1.5K Posts

March 20th, 2013 08:00

Hi DingoTaz,

Welcome to the community.

I understand that Monitor doesn't power on. We truly regret the inconvenience that has been caused to you.

Before we can suggest any troubleshooting steps for this issue I would like to have more information regarding this issue so that we can resolve this issue effectively.

So kindly answer the questions below:

Which system is this monitor connected to?

When you switch on the Monitor what is the colour of light on power button?

What is the colour of the light on power button of the system?

Have you checked the same monitor on a different system?

Do we hear any beep codes from the system?

Please provide us this information so that we can be in a better position to understand and resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 21st, 2013 07:00

ha-ha-ha....is there no progress from *13 series?

6 Posts

March 23rd, 2013 02:00

I went to DVI and the buttons work fine. Display port is * STUFFED *. You SHOULD ALWAYS be able to turn something off, and back on again without having to yank the power cable.....

1.5K Posts

March 23rd, 2013 06:00

Hi DingoTaz,

Its great to hear that monitor is working fine after using DVI port. I appreciate the time and effort that you took to troubleshoot the issue.

If possible check the monitor with a different display port cable to isolate the issue. If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

6 Posts

March 23rd, 2013 18:00

Hello. yes, i changed to the displayport cable that came with it and it works fine (so far)!   :) Thank you.

I was using displayport cables I got elsewhere for use with Dell U2713HM monitor which doesnt come with displayport cables, and from memory they worked fine with that monitor, but I could be wrong - I certainly didn't notice any issues.

So I guess the questions now are:

1 - Is Dell U3014 fussy with its cables?

2 - If I wanted to buy a longer or another displayport cable, does Dell have a list of compatible suppliers/brands

Thank you

1.5K Posts

March 26th, 2013 07:00

Hi DingoTaz,

Its great to hear that it is working fine with a different display port cable. It seems like it was an issue with that cable only and there are no such issues on this Monitor with cables.

You can check the link below where you can find different display port cables and splitters:

http://bit.ly/14lxNaJ

If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

No Events found!