Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2013 09:00

U3014 - Really disappointed Dell

My heart is broken BUT when playing video games, especially dark video games and watching dark movies, this monitor is a joke. The IPS glow is so severe that is completely ruins the experience. How can a $1000 monitor have such problems really? Dell I am disappointed like about this.

I returned my monitor (A03) to my local dealer and got a refund. But again, I have read that the IPS glow is very bad because you guys use components from LG which really is the one to blame here. It is beyond me why you don't test the monitor for all purposes; gaming. I dare you. Try put a game on like Amnesia and see for your self how bad the ISP glow really is.

In the future: Possible to get a 30inch 2560x1600 which can be used as a GAMING MONITOR? I don't care about 120Hz and such. Just want a big bad monitor to use for gaming and that's it. It's so sad I have to give up this monitor because of the IPS glow. So disappointed :/

Evrae

19 Posts

November 25th, 2013 13:00

Got it from Dell. I even made a post a few weeks ago here on the forum. Think I was actually the first one lol.

22 Posts

November 25th, 2013 13:00

Where did you get an A03 revision?

19 Posts

November 25th, 2013 14:00

Afraid not. I'm from Denmark.

5 Posts

I have an A02 which I am returning that has a wicked glow in the bottom right. Oddly enough though I have noticed that when my eyes are not centered directly towards the middle of the monitor and I am looking directly at the bottom right hand of the screen, the glow disappears. But I agree it is unbearable.

10 Posts

Ah not surprised. 

I think the north american warehouse(s) are clogged with Rev02s.

Will probably be some time before they get to the part of the queue where the rev03s are. 

10 Posts

Evrae, are you in the states? 

No Events found!