Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2013 13:00

U3014 - Three new with problems (warranty replacement?)

Hello,

I just purchased 3 new U3014 monitors and received them two days ago.  I just unboxed and hooked them up yesterday.  Two are REV02 and one is REV01.  They all have issues. How do I go about returning them for new replacements?  I only have a small window to get new replacements correct?

Thanks,

Gordon

13 Posts

November 30th, 2013 20:00

What are the issues? I just got mine last week , R02 revision.  I still have a week to return.  But beside the backlight bleeding on the bottom left and right corner mine doenst have any issues.  But everytime I view from an angle, the screen turned slightly faded, i thought IPS not supposed to do that.  Unless that is what they call the IPS glow or it's the panel issue.

13 Posts

December 1st, 2013 12:00

I thought IPS panel has better viewing angle without the fading? and only TN panels do that? so I guess I'm wrong. 

Also, can you explain what is the "DDC/CI" option in the OSD menu? At default it is "Enabled".  Should I turn it off?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

jincuteguy,

"But everytime I view from an angle, the screen turned slightly faded"

That is normal. The more off center you are, the more faded it will appear. MY U3011 and S2740L act the same way. Why would you NOT be centered when using it?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

Gordon,

Any monitor exchange setup inside the first 30 days from the Dell invoice date will be New.

You should post what issues each monitor is having. Post pictures of the issues. Post what troubleshooting you have performed.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 2nd, 2013 06:00

jincuteguy

Page 54 of the U3014 User's Guide =
DDC/CI (Display Data Channel/Command Interface) allows your monitor parameters (brightness, color balance etc.) to be adjustable via software on your computer.

No Events found!