Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 23rd, 2014 10:00

U3014, Unresponsive and No Display?

I turned my PC on this morning and after a few seconds the monitor went dark. I purchased the monitor a couple months ago. I am using an nvidia geforce GTX 690 with the latest drivers.

I am connected via display port U3014 to GTX 690. I have daisy chained a U2410 monitor to the U3014 display port out. Both monitors went dark (because the U2410 is connected to the U3014).  I have a second U2410 connected straight to my video card. it still works fine. Both U2410s  work when plugged directly into the video card.

I tried a different display port cable to the PC. Nothing changed. I tried the display port on the video card with another monitor and it worked fine. Windows will not detect display port from the U3014. Windows will detect DVI from U3014 to DVI port on video card, but U3014 menu buttons will no longer bring up the OSD to switch inputs so nothing ever displays on the U3014. I tried to perform the monitor self test (by pressing monitor buttons 1 and 4). Nothing shows up on the screen. It does not even look like the U3014 backlight is turning on. The power LED remains on when plugged in.  I also unplugged all of the video cables from the back of the montior, reconnected the power cord. I can't get anything to display on the U3014 including the OSD. The monitor buttons do not do anything.

Do I need to exchange this monitor? How do I set that up? I am also concerned with getting a refurbished product. I have not had this screen for very long and waited about a year to purchase it so that I would get a brand new A03 monitor from the factory. I don't want to receive a crummy refurbished one with an A03 sticker on it and dead pixels. I have heard horror stories about some of the exchanged units. I am not happy I have spent over $1000 on this monitor and worried about what I will receive if I have to exchange it.

Please help me. The U3014 is a great product when it works correctly. Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 23rd, 2014 21:00

rkhrt27,

Once outside of the initial 30 days from the original invoice date, the replacement will be a refurbished/used monitor. This Dell policy cannot be circumvented. Since your U3014 has a Service Tag number, contact Dell Technical Support for your country. Provide to them the following data so they can setup a like for like monitor exchange =
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone number:
Monitor Service Tag number:
Monitor 20 digit alphanumeric PPID serial number:
Reason:

77 Posts

March 24th, 2014 16:00

Thanks. I submitted the request for an exchange. An interesting tidbit of info when asking about the refurbished exchanged monitors....

03/24/2014 05:24:50PM Agent (Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Bria): "Don't worry most of the replacement that we sent are brand new they are just tag as refurbished to comply on the US law that all the system that was open from the box even just for testing purposes Only are considered refurbished"
No Events found!