Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2013 14:00

U3014 = same song like U2413/2713h :-(

This is really not funny! I reading now review of this monitor on this web: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u3014.htm

Please read especially this part:
For reference this was a very similar picture to what we saw with the 27" U2713H and 24" U2413 which shows similar pixel response times, and high levels of overshoot in transitions from dark to light shades, so it seems they've had the same problems with all three of the new models. It's a shame there is no option to disable the overdrive impulse on these new screens really to eliminate any issues users might experience.

Plus:
In fact there was a huge error of 57.4% with the change from 255 - 200 which was very severe, as shown above with the overshoot after the fall time.
This is seriously worst generation of your monitors what you are have ever made!
AH... I know the DELL new motto: More overdrive = More Adidas. My request still: Please add user control for ovedrive to your monitors. (like Samsung, Nec...). and fix this generation!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

April 10th, 2013 22:00

nokey,

All of the Uxx13 will have the same design. No, this design is not going to change. No, there will not be firmware to change this design.

10 Posts

April 11th, 2013 11:00

Luckily, this is not my problem. I moved to IPS monitor from other brand and I'm very happy now with display without ghosting.

29 Posts

April 11th, 2013 12:00

nokey, can you let me know which model you have now? I looked at HP, LG and Eizo and I'm at wit's end with just wanting an 8 bit IPS / PLS or S-PVA (which I don't think Samsung makes anymore) monitor that should work out of the box. I spent over 8 hours with both U2413's trying to get the pink and green out by playing with settings and doing the LCD conditioning over the weekend. You're correct, it's nerve racking. This monitor is so close to being perfect, but falls short on basic functionality.

1 Message

April 17th, 2013 08:00

Count me among the LOST customer sale. I am both a graphic designer and avid Gamer currently using the 30" HPZR30 for gaming and the NEC 2690w for Graphic Design. I would absolutely buy the U3014H in a heartbeat if  it did not have this issue. This overshoot issue and crippled uniformity setting has been documented  and published in Numerous trusted Tech Review Site Reviews - so for Dell to so flat out dismiss even addressing these issues in the future left a bad taste in my mouth and I can tell you lost you a sale. It's is frankly an embarrassment on Dell's part to have a new Panel that on Paper targets both Gaming and Graphic Design end users  yet has critical design flaws in both categories (overshoot and crippled uniformity)  and then when confronted flat out says no future remedy will be sought.

No Events found!