Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

13 Posts

April 3rd, 2019 03:00

U3219Q, power button LED, pulsating

I know this has been reported before - and the general advice is to power down - but I'll give it another go...

I just bought a Dell monitor (U3219Q) and so far, it seems pretty good... as long as it's switched on - but when I power down my PC (or put it into standby etc) the monitor also enters standby mode... at which point, the monitor's power LED starts pulsating on&off.  This can be horribly distracting if you're trying to do something else and the monitor's at the edge of your peripheral vision,

Yes, I know I can simply power it off but surely there could be a menu option to disable the pulsating effect? I've never owned any other monitor which did this.

Is there maybe some way to feed this back to Dell?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 3rd, 2019 10:00

@johne53 wrote:

Is there maybe some way to feed this back to Dell?

Yes.  RMA it for refund.  That's what I did.

13 Posts

April 4th, 2019 02:00

Yeah, I must admit that's occurred to me. I haven't tried any manual adjustments yet but I've stepped through the various colour presets and the colours always look horribly bright and unnatural. Fortunately I won't be using the monitor for photographic work but I doubt if it could be used for anything that serious. I've a feeling the U3219Q is probably aimed at gamers maybe?

No Events found!