Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

33 Posts

August 4th, 2022 21:00

U3223QE, audio out port noisy and volume control

Dell U3223QE

Dell U3223QE

I just got a U3223QE - fantastic monitor. It's connected to my MacBook Pro via USB-C and is powering my MacBook Pro and passing network data. But, when I connect high quality speakers to the audio output of the U3223QE, they are fairly noisy compared to plugging them directly to my MacBook Pro audio out.

I spoke with support and they say they don't support non-Dell speakers? Has anyone tried this?

I wouldn't be surprised if the audio is just pretty noisy. It also seems to be a fairly hot signal relative to what's coming directly from my MacBook Pro audio out port.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 5th, 2022 05:00

First, support was incorrect in stating, "they don't support non-Dell speakers?". The online U3223QE User's Guide clearly states, "Connect speakers to playback audio through HDMI or DisplayPort audio channels.". Notice it never specified Dell speakers.

Second, the U3223QE menu does not offer any Audio Line-out port volume control. Volume is controlled by the connected PC. We were not provided the Audio Line-out port line-level signal specifications. So to your point, maybe its line-level signal is noisy? Other U3223QE users will need to chime in with their testing.

No Events found!