Solved!

Go to Solution

August 10th, 2022 22:00

U3223QE, connecting a MOTU M2 to the USB hub

Dell U3223QE

Dell U3223QE

I have my mac connected to my shiny new U3223QE monitor via:

PC USB-C --> USB-C to C cable --> Monitor #5 USB-C port
* This should turn on the five #9/10/11/12/14 USB-A downstream ports and #15 USB-C downstream port

My single USB-C connection is enabling the display and is passing data for internet back and forth. So far so good. But, I tried to connect a MOTU M2 audio interface to the monitor's USB hub (tried various USB ports both A and C). It powers on fine (USB powered) but my mac doesn't see it.

If I connect it directly to the mac, then the mac sees it.

I was using the MOTU M2 audio interface via a CalDigit thunderbolt dock and that was working fine so figured this should work as well.

The interface MOTU M2 says that its connection is: 1 x USB-C (compatible with USB Type A) 2.0 audio class compliant.

Any ideas why the monitor's USB hub wouldn't work with the MOTU M2 audio interface?

Thanks!

33 Posts

August 11th, 2022 21:00

Update:

I disconnected my mac from my monitor today for a while and also power cycled the monitor. Since then, the MOTU is working connected through the monitor USB hub.

Hopefully this is permanent state. I'll keep an eye on it.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 11th, 2022 06:00

You are using a non-tested device. Test a standard wired USB-A mouse in all of the U3223QE USB-A downstream ports. Does the mouse work in all of the USB-A downstream ports?

Note, the U2723QX/U2723QE/U3223QE are not Thunderbolt, they are USB-C. This is why the CalDigit Thunderbolt dock works with the MOTU M2 versus our monitor.

33 Posts

August 11th, 2022 09:00

Thanks for the response @DELL-Chris M . I can understand about the thunderbolt issue.

However, I also tried a USB mouse: Kensington M/N:M01059 P/N: K72356. This works when plugged directly into my mac. It does not work when plugged into the monitor USB A ports.

Are there any settings? Do I need to connect another USB cable to my mac? Do downstream ports only work when Monitor port #8 is used to connect to the computer??

No Events found!