Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

February 26th, 2018 08:00

U3417W, Stand doesn't lock

Hello,

I have U3417W monitor and used it happily for some time. Then I detached the stand in order to move it elsewhere. Now, I'm unable to mount it back. The mechanism appears, somehow to be stacked in unlock position. The release button is currently pressed downside. I also tried to gently move notches up and down, without success.

Is there any hope to restore without technical service?

Also, is there more appropriate way to get assistance?

Off course, I will contact local service if must. Just hope for more obvious and quick escape.

Thank You in advance!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 26th, 2018 10:00

So are you saying that the panel is removed from the stand as shown below?

Capture.JPG

If yes,

* Place a towel on the desk
* All cabling is disconnected from the panel
* Lay the panel face down on the towel
* The stand is attached to the stand base
* Take the stand and place the upper part pegs into the slots on the panel
* Then place the lower part pegs into the slots on the panel. You should feel it lock into place

February 26th, 2018 13:00

@DELL-Chris M wrote:

So are you saying that the panel is removed from the stand as shown below?

Yes, it is exactly in that state.

@DELL-Chris M wrote:

If yes,

* Place a towel on the desk
* All cabling is disconnected from the panel
* Lay the panel face down on the towel
* The stand is attached to the stand base
* Take the stand and place the upper part pegs into the slots on the panel
* Then place the lower part pegs into the slots on the panel. You should feel it lock into place

I should probably mention, that I assemble/disassemble stand at least four times before that. So I am familiar how it works. I do every step You mention and this is also how recommended in manual. With exception that lock doesn't establish in last step.

Whats happen is the following: Stand has metal square part with pegs. This square come fully into panel - first upper part and then lower part. As should. There is also something like plate inside monitor. This plate is able to shift up and down. Lower part pegs should be hold there, when in upper position. The problem is that currently plate stays always in lower position. So no lock is established.

As mention before, I try to move plate a bit and it moves. But still very limited as something is holding it down. I don't want to apply force there. Also the mechanism is inside monitor, no direct access. The release button was in something like half push position. I try to press it, and it now stay fully pressed, after applying moderate force.

Any recommendations or something else to try?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 27th, 2018 06:00

I am at a loss. Dell does not have the ability to ship stands. They come directly from the manufacturer. The only thing Dell can offer is to replace the panel. The replacement will be a refurbished/used. See the policy and instructions here.

March 2nd, 2018 13:00

@DELL-Chris M wrote:

I am at a loss. Dell does not have the ability to ship stands. They come directly from the manufacturer. The only thing Dell can offer is to replace the panel. The replacement will be a refurbished/used. See the policy and instructions here.

10x. Looks like I need to describe again for the sake of completeness. I am also not English speaker, sorry for that.

Unit BackUnit BackStand FrontsideStand Frontside

^ To me everything is OK on the stand. Lock attemptLock attempt

^ Here I try to lock the stand. The parts fit together firmly, but magic "click" doesn't happen.Lock mechanismLock mechanism

^ Here is the back of screen again. Now with locking mechanism more visible. As far I understand, the problem is here. Looks like this shtift/notches/plate must come more to the camera (upside) direction, when in normal state. So they are able to hold pegs of the stand. But at the moment notches fells stuck this way - downside. Also the release button is stuck...  Only when somebody is pressing the button they should go downside in order to unlock.

I try to move notches a bit, without much success. They move little, but no up/down. Like they are really stuck downside.

Currently I'm thinking for warranty repair. Once weather become good enough.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 2nd, 2018 18:00

Unfortunately, Dell would not repair this. We do not send onsite techs out to work on monitors. Nor would you ship it to us to get repaired and we send it back. We would simply exchange the panel.

March 3rd, 2018 09:00

I see. Ideally repair is better, because LCD matrix do matter. But replace is kind of OK too. I will see how we go with DELL service in my country.

Thanks again for consultation. And greetings to DELL engineers if they happen to see this. Overall unit is amazingly good.

No Events found!