Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 23rd, 2021 13:00

U3818DW, ghosting while scrolling

When scrolling, there is a trail of white outlining of the text. It causing me eye aches and totally throwing me off. Is this normal for this display? Setting the 'fast' response time setting makes the issue worse and you can literally read the trailing ghost outline of the words clearly.

April 14th, 2021 03:00

Had the same issue I think. Yesterday, after my first working day with my new monitor everything was fine, but today I suddenly saw something different when scrolling.

After some changes like, not using USB-C port, set custom Windows-scaling back to 100% (for my eyes, 105% was a better value),  I remembered me that I had changed the Menu- Display- Response Time setting in the OSD from Normal to Fast. Was done during late hours when going through the online manual, where I stumbled upon this setting.

Switched Response Time back to Normal and the problem is gone.

January 30th, 2021 06:00

Unfortunately, we, the most U3818DW owners, had same issues which can not be solved for long time.

• 

25.1K Posts

January 30th, 2021 07:00

We are working on your case and we will get back to you on DM as soon as possible.

The Dell policy concerning the internal FSM (Factory Service Menu) is this; if you break the monitor by making some change in the FSM, the purchased warranty is voided.

OD (OverDrive) On works hand in hand with the uniformity compensation zonal color tuning. By turning OD off in the FSM, you are breaking the Menu OSD- Response Time option (8ms for Normal mode, 5ms for Fast mode). You should set the FSM OD back to on.

After OD is set back to on, try these steps in the user Menu OSD =
* Under Display set Uniformity Compensation to Off and retest
* Under Display set Response Time to Normal retest
* Under Brightness/Contrast set Contrast to 50 or below and retest
* Under Brightness/Contrast set Contrast to 80 or above and retest
* After making the Contrast change above, any further Contrast adjustments should be made from within the GPU control panel

I can not tell you how it feels when this device does not come up to your expectation with a high cost. I also am very disappointed.

2 Posts

dang, this is really disappointing for a monitor that costs this much.

really cant recommend this monitor to anyone, I had this monitor for a little over a week now and I thought I would get used to all the ghosting and blurriness, but it's been giving me intense eyestrains and mild head pain.

No Events found!