Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

February 15th, 2014 14:00

UP2414Q, DP1.2, Dell Color Calibration Solution states, "USB not detected"?

Chris DCCS version 1.5.2.2 With displayport 1.2, the color calibration software instructs to connect the usb cable to the monitor despite the fact that it is already connected. Using displayport 1.1, the ultrasharp color calibration solution will detect the monitor and calibration can continue. Tried different usb ports with the same result. All usb ports on the monitor work. I am using an AMD firepro W5000 graphics card with the latest drivers. Just to note, the retail x-rite version of the color calibration software works without issues.

2 Posts

August 25th, 2014 17:00

Chris;

It is good to know someone is aware is the USB issue.

It is now 8/25/14 and I have the same USB problem. Current Software in 1.5.3--XRD 2.3.5.3. Is anyone working on this issue. I assume that if you let your people know about it that they are. Bought monitor last Fri and am somewhat disappointed it is not as claimed.

Thanks,

Dick H.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 25th, 2014 17:00

You need to test the calibration using DP1.2 disabled. What specific video card and driver version?

25 Posts

September 17th, 2014 18:00

Chris

Is there any progress to report on resolving the x-rite calibration software detecting the up2414q in display port 1.2? 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

September 18th, 2014 09:00

Nope. All you can do is calibrate on DP 1.1, then switch over to DP 1.2 when finished.

8 Posts

November 23rd, 2014 23:00

Switching to DP 1.1. does not solve the problem. Is Dell going to address the problem? It is clear that this is an issue with the custom x-rite application.

I understand that Dell and Apple are rival companies, but the consumer is not to be punished for choosing the best of both worlds.

Either offer a solution that works on a mac (Official X-rite works flawlessly) or do not offer a mac version at all.

No Events found!