Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

March 11th, 2015 11:00

UP2414Q DUCS can't detect screen over USB with Version 1.5.7 Mac

Went ahead and purchased a UP2414Q screen for photo/video work after reading here-

en.community.dell.com/.../19606969

-that the software was basically now working with DUCS v 1.5.7 under Mavericks.

I downloaded and installed the suggested file and unfortunately, that is not the case. I now have a premium price screen meant for hardware calibration which won't work at all with my i1 Display Pro and Macbook Pro.

At the first step of calibration, the software fails to find the USB connection to the screen (exactly the same bug as seems to have been reported so many times on these forums). I've tried recycling power to the screen as suggested, and repeated the whole process several times and nothing is working.

7 Posts

March 11th, 2015 16:00

Bump.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 12th, 2015 09:00

DUCCS is provided to us through X-Rite. We just provided the file. We do not test this monitor model on apple proprietary hardware and software. Check the apple Discussions Forum and see what they say.

7 Posts

March 12th, 2015 09:00

Could anyone tell me how/where I get Dell tech support, and report this as a bug? I can't access even email support for this monitor through Dell's system as there isn't a service tag, or express service code on the monitor (that I can see)?

The site repeatedly asks for it and gives no other option. It also keeps on trying to download and run PC diagnostic software. I'm on a Mac.

7 Posts

March 12th, 2015 10:00

Thank you for at least trying to help!

It's the same version number, but I've downloaded and will try now to see if I can get it to work. Will let you know how I get on.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

Is this the same version you tried? The file name is different. I know it states UP2715K but give it a shot.

7 Posts

Just had an unbelievable conversation with Dell tech support repeatedly telling me they don't support Mac and to call Apple Support. For a piece of Dell software and monitor? Really? Essentially they outright refused to believe they even authored software for Mac. Absolutely disgusted with this, will never buy Dell again. And again... very good at passing the buck when someone's paid good money for the product. Funny it's now X-Rite's problem or Apple's when I bought a Dell monitor and downloaded software from the Dell website called Dell Ultrasharp Calibration Solution? Completely disgusted, to be honest.

7 Posts

March 12th, 2015 11:00

Chris -

I've tried that version you linked - unfortunately the same results.

Still fails at the stage I click on Measurements and I get the error -

Failed to connect. A matching display was found, but it could not be opened.
Possible cause: installation or system problem.

If the display is connected to USB, try the following procedure:
Disconnect the display from AC power
Wait a moment
Reconnect the AC power

I've done this several times. I also restarted the computer, tried different USB ports, a different USB cable from monitor-> computer, and resetting the monitor to factory defaults, among other things.

Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can take this end?

If not, could you please report this as a bug yet to be fixed?

I'm on a Macbook Pro Retina 15" (late 2013) 2.3GHz i7, 16MB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB, running Mac OS 10.9.5. X-Rite i1 Display Pro.

I also spoke to X-Rite support, who informed me it's a Dell branded software which is proprietary to Dell hardware and only Dell can provide tech support for this software/monitor.

Thanks.

7 Posts

March 12th, 2015 15:00

Could you confirm whether this is being escalated as a bug, please?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 16th, 2015 14:00

I emailed the team. That is all I know that is happening.

No Events found!