Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2015 02:00

UP2414Q, How to connect to a retina MacBook pro?

I connected the display with mini display port to displayport to the thunderbolt on the MacBook and then I saw Colors changing on the display, so I pressed on button on the display and it changed to dp and there was a picture. After this I changed on the screen osd something called mst,and the picture gone. And I couldn't get the picture back. I couldn't change again the mst on osd too. So I connected with hdmi to hdmi cable with the hdmi out on the MacBook pro, but it's only 30hz. What is the best way to connect to the MacBook,so it will work on 60hz? My MacBook pro Is 13 inch retina 2014. And also when I connected the MacBook with mini DP to DP can it damage the monitor?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 4th, 2015 12:00

To display 3840x2160 at 60Hz, DP1.2 must be enabled and the DP source’s graphics card must be DP1.2 certified with MST feature, capable of supporting resolution up to 3840x2160 at 60Hz and its driver supports
DisplayID v1.3.

While connected with HDMI to HDMI, open the OSD, go to Other Settings- Factory Reset- Reset All Settings. Exit the OSD. Turn the monitor and computer off. Disconnect the HDMI cable. Reconnect the Dell mDP to DP cable. Turn the computer on, then the monitor. Open the OSD, choose Input Source DP. Exit the OSD.

7 Posts

February 5th, 2015 04:00

Thanks for the reply

I have done factory reset and connected mDP to DP but it don't work, the monitor got stuck,it didn't responded.

And I didn't see anything on the OSD to enable DP 1.2

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 5th, 2015 07:00

The apple computers do not have the standardized mDP (Mini DisplayPort). They use the apple proprietary thunderbolt port. The most I can say is that the apple proprietary thunderbolt port is hit or miss connecting to our monitors simply using our mDP to DP cable. Some apple users have mentioned that using a thunderbolt to DP adapter has had some success.
apple thunderbolt out --> thunderbolt to DP adapter --> Dell DP to mDP cable --> Dell monitor mDP in

Check the apple Discussions Forum and see what they say:
https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

7 Posts

February 5th, 2015 08:00

i ordered thunderbolt to DP adapter from amazon,i will try that

and i will check on the apple forums.

thank you.

No Events found!