Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2016 02:00

UP2516D, ColorMunki Display, MacBook Pro (Mid-2012 - Intel HD4000 Graphics)

Hi All

I wish to calibrate my Dell UP2516D monitor with my MacBook Pro and ColorMunki Display.

The software I received with the Dell monitor was Windows only, the software I managed to download and upgrade does not support ColorMunki Display, which is weird as I am sure I had a version of the Dell software before which did support the ColorMunki Display. If there is a version still available of the software which I can use with the CM Display for the UP2516D, please can I have a link to it.

I am not concerned with CAL1 & CAL2 at this present time, due to not having anything else than a ColorMunki Display + my MacBook Pro with Intel Graphics. I do not wish to purchase a AMD Graphics Card or Nvidia Quadro or the more expensive i1Pro as I have seen suggested elsewhere. So for now ruling creating a 3DLUT out for CAL1/2.

I just want an accurate 1DLUT for my MacBook Pro's display profile.

I want to use the monitor in Standard mode, and both Adobe RGB & SRGB when editing in photoshop.

I have DisplayCal3 and under the Custom Color of the monitor, I have adjusted the RGB gains and also used the Brightness & Contrast settings of the monitor to adjust in relation to the following DisplayCal settings:-

Display & Instrument:-

Mode :         LCD (Generic)

Correction:  Spectral: LCD RG Phosphor 

Calibration settings:-

White Point: As measured

White Level : 120 cd/m2

Calibration Speed: Low

Gamma (standard) : 2.2

Profiling Settings:-

Profile Type : XYZ LUT + Matrix

Profile Quality: High

Test Chart : Auto

Patches : 2681

By using the interactive part of the DisplayCal3 settings I have had to switch the Dell monitors Uniformity Compensation feature off. But, thankfully I have no banding issues.

I was wondering having done the above if I can use the Adobe RGB and SRGB as set by Dell originally and other modes except CAL1&CAL2 with colour accuracy and be fully (or as much as I can with what I have) confident with my monitors colour accuracy for my colour critical photoshop work.

I have work on, but want to be absolutely sure that I have done the best within my means (ie. not buying any more equipment) to get accurate colour. 

I am guessing that adjusting the color via Custom Color and saving an ICC profie then has an effect on the color in the other Preset Modes. I use Standard preset mode for casual use and again I really need Adobe RGB and SGRB in the Color Space preset modes to be accurate.

If anyone can hep me with this, it would be greatly appreciated as I need to be sure and been round an round in circles with this.

Many thanks & Best regards

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 22nd, 2016 10:00

Apologies that you have not received a response from our users.

None of our documentation states if our OEM version of DUCCS X-rite supports the ColorMunki colorimeter. All of the notes I find say it is only supported by the X-Rite i1 Display Pro colorimeter. The UP2516D Guide states,

"This solution lets you get the best, most accurate, color possible with your Dell UltraSharp UP2516D/UP2716D for this display when used with an X-Rite i1Display Pro Colorimeter."

"You will need an X-Rite i1Display Pro Colorimeter to use the Dell UltraSharp Color Calibration Solution software."

Are you sure that you did not install the retail version of X-rite under Software Downloads?

Our OEM X-rite only saves the calibration in CAL1 or CAL2.
"You may need to change the monitor preset mode using the OSD to CAL1 or CAL2 before calibration starts. (Color Setting -> Preset Modes -> Color Space)"

No Events found!