Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

April 2nd, 2018 16:00

UP2715K, Serial number on monitor is different from box/calibration report

Hi,

I bought new UP2715K monitor from Dell_Korea a year ago. Recently I found that the serial number of my monitor is different from the sn on the box and the calibration report. Service tag and Express code is same, though.

The serial number on the box and the calibration report is 

CN03YM4K7444554U120S 

The serial number on my monitor is

CN0F1JCM7444554U120S 

I contacted the Dell_korea, and they said the serial number on the monitor is different from the sn on the box and the calibration report  from the beginning only for this production(UP2715K). I can hardly believe it. 

Please let me know if it is true. It not, what should I do? 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 3rd, 2018 07:00

I cannot speak to their assertion. From a warranty point of view, no action is justified. We could not issue a monitor exchange over this. If calibration is critical to your work, you should consider calibrating the UP2715K with the following =
Dell DUCCS/XRITE Monitor Application
DUCCS User's Guide
X-Rite i1 Display Pro colorimeter

3 Posts

April 3rd, 2018 16:00

Because I bought this production from Dell_Korea Official online seller, so if they did not sell the proper new product, I can exchange or get a refund within 30 days from the date I realize it.

It is stated on the terms of online seller. 

I read your answers on Dell community about this issues. 

You said that A NEW purchase directly from Dell should be matching.

I just wonder if the product I bought was a proper new one or not.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 4th, 2018 05:00

I can exchange or get a refund within 30 days from the date I realize it.
* Incorrect. Not from when you "realize" it. A refund is only allowed inside the first 30 days from the purchase date date if purchased directly from our Dell Korea website.

You said that A NEW purchase directly from Dell should be matching.
* Only if you purchased directly from the Dell Korea website. Not if you purchased from a reseller site of Dell products. The reseller would use their own policies.

I just wonder if the product I bought was a proper new one or not.
* If you didn't purchase from our site above, there is no way we can know. All I can tell is the build date was April 30, 2015. My advice, return it to the seller. Then purchase a new one directly from our site.

No Events found!