Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2016 16:00

UP2716D HDMI resolution question

Hi

I am considering the purchase of this 27inch monitor but came across supplier note on Amazon as follows that when connected via HDMI you cannot get the full resolution!

"the HDMI port on the UP2716D is HDMI (MHL) this is limited to a maximum resolution of 2048x1152 (Same issue applies to the Dell P2715Q / U2715H / UP2516D"

Now, my nVidia GT610 does not have a DP port only DVI-I and HDMI so was anticipating that I would be using the HDMI..............but such a connection is useless if I cannot get the full 2560x1440 resolution!

Can someone please clarify the situation when connecting via the HDMI port on the monitor.

Many thanks in advance for the help :)

• 

17K Posts

December 7th, 2016 10:00

Searcher1122,
The User's Guide information is correct. Just doesn't tell the entire picture and  I am not sure why. I will pass the information to the team that writes manuals. The UP2716D HDMI MHL ports are revision 1.4. So they support 2560x1440 60Hz. But the others in the chain (video card HDMI out port, video card driver, HDMI to HDMI cable) must also support revision 1.4. If not, you will only get 2048x1152 60Hz.

December 7th, 2016 13:00

Hi Jesse

Thank you for the reply.  Whilst waiting I did find another thread talking about the same subject in regard to the U2715H (I hope I recall the model number right?) and on that thread it mentions turning off the default "on" setting for MST.

It was my understanding that even those not using a linked (daisy changed) second monitor had this lower resolution problem on the directly HDMI connected single monitor and that according the other thread setting MST to "off" was what worked.  So possibly, based on the lack of detailed information in the manual, and your reply there is more clarity required by the manual writing team......................perhaps they need to write an urgent addenda ;)

No Events found!