Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2016 15:00

UP2716D, Quadro 600, DisplayPort problems

Hi,

I am running a Windows 10 system with a Quadro 600 video card and the UP2716D will not receive a signal from the DisplayPort on the computer. I set the OSD to mDP and enabled the mDP for 1.1a connection. The cable was the one provided by Dell. The display worked via HDMI on another computer. I just purchased this display and hope that I can get it to work. I could never get the DisplayPort to work on the Quadro 600 with a U2410 so it is possible that the display port is not working on the Quadro. Let me know what you think and thank you for the help.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 9th, 2016 06:00

What specific computer model? List all of the out ports on that Quadro 600. Is it this one?

If yes,

Computer Quadro 600 DP out --> UP2716D DP to mDP cable --> UP2716D mDP in

Did you test with DP 1.2 Enabled in the OSD?

5 Posts

February 9th, 2016 15:00

Hi,

I tested with DP 1.2 Enabled and Disabled several times.  I am using the DP on the quadro with the mDP attached to the UP2716D.  The first time that I plugged it in, the monitor showed the initial screens during bootup and then the screen went into power save mode when windows 10 reached the login screen.  It now goes into power save mode immediately when the computer is turned on with no signal from mDP then resumes power.  My mother board is a p8z77-v with 16 gb of ram.  I'm running  version 361.75 for the quadro 600. The Dvi port on the quadro is running fine with my old U2410.  Let me know if you need any other info...........................Jim

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 9th, 2016 15:00

* Turn the computer and both monitors off
* Disconnect both monitors from the Quadro 600
* Disconnect all cables from the UP2716D including the power cable
* Wait 30 seconds
* If a mechanical power button, press it for 30 seconds
* Reconnect only the UP2716D power cord to the UP2716D
* Turn the UP2716D on. What do you see?
* Turn the UP2716D off
* Reconnect the UP2716D mDP out to the quadro 600 DP in via the mDP to DP cable
* Reconnect the USB upstream cable to the UP2716D out port and the computer USB in port
* Turn the UP2716D on, then the computer. What do you see?

5 Posts

February 9th, 2016 17:00

Hi Chris,

Monitor with just power cable hooked up--No mDP cable then monitor showed Display will go into Power Save Mode in 5 minutes.

With just the UP2716D hooked up with the mDP & DP connector to Quadro 600:

Asus screen up on display, then windows logo with spinning dots then monitor said scanning for mDP signal followed by monitor going into Power Save mode.   That's what I have so far.

I also tested the monitor on a Dell laptop running Vista with the HDMI port. Computer found monitor and ran it as a duplicate monitor at the default resolution.  I was able to manipulate the OSD buttons so the monitor functions normally with an HDMI connection.  Let me know what the next step is and we'll run it through some more tests.  Thank you....................................Jim

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 9th, 2016 20:00

At this point, I do not think that the monitor is defective. I think the Quadro 600 port is bad. It is six years old. Is there a different desktop there with a consumer non-Quadro video card to test on? Or a consumer video card to install in that desktop?

5 Posts

February 10th, 2016 18:00

Hi,

I have a Firepro w2100 ordered and should arrive by Friday.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  Thank you................Jim

5 Posts

February 12th, 2016 18:00

Hi Chris,

New video card installed and we are up and running.  Monitor appears to be functioning quite well. Thank you for all the help with troubleshooting. .........................Jim

No Events found!