Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2017 21:00

UP2718Q, Apple, DUCCS update, improperly signed

Good Day,

I have DUCS (Dell Ultrasharp Calibration Solution)  version 1.6.0.2165 installed in my macOS Sierra 10.12.6. When DUCS tries to update to version 1.6.0.2168, an error occurs and a message stating, "Update Error! The update is improperly signed" appears.

Please help. How can I get the latest version of the Calibration Solution for macOS?

Johan

• 

17K Posts

August 18th, 2017 07:00

johan12,

We did not provide Apple OS drivers for the UP2718Q. The DUCCS User's Guide does not list Apple. This link showing Apple MAC OS is incorrect. When you click "Change OS" and change to Apple MAC OS or Apple MAC OS 9, it states, "No drivers found. There are no drivers that meet the filter criteria you've applied", which is correct. We have notified the website team to remove those Apple references. The sales site also shows the supported operating systems =

Where did the DUCCS that you installed originate? Was it on the CD that shipped with the UP2718Q? Or did you grab it from another monitors driver page?

6 Posts

August 20th, 2017 01:00

Jesse,

Thanks for your prompt response. As you know, I'm not the only one trying to figure out where the correct DUCCS for the UP2718Q is. See this page, where you provide another customer with a link to a version of DUCCS that doesn't specifically state whether it supports the UP2718Q fully or not.

Just as you apparently took that version of DUCCS from another monitor, so did I. I found the above version of the Dell Ultrasharp Color Calibration Solution for Mac OS from this page. It is the DUCCS that supports the UP3218K in Mac OS. 

I also tried to find a version of DUCCS that supports the UP2718Q on Windows 7, and I wasn't able to find it. Does that one exist? On your sales site, it clearly states that calibration is supported as well as the SDK. See the image below.

But when I tried looking for the Calibration Solution (or the SDK for that matter) for Windows 7 on your support site, it was not listed as one of the downloads. See the image below.

Once again, I had to download a DUCCS that did not fully support the UP2718Q, or at least one that did not list the UP2718Q as fully supported (probably the version you provided Vin 4k). 

The CD that came with the monitor apparently provides a link to DUCCS, but when you click on it, all the link does is take you to the UP2718Q support page where no DUCCS is found for Windows nor Mac OS.

I chatted with two different sales reps and a technical support rep for dell and all of them assured me that the UP2718Q does support Mac OS. Then, when I consulted your support site, it clearly listed Mac OS as being supported. See the images below.

For these reasons, I held out hope, that I would find the correct Color Calibration Solution for the UP2718Q on Mac (or at least Windows for that matter). Thank you for clearing up the lack of Mac OS support for the UP2718Q. I'm sure I wasn't the only customer that was misled by the support site.

I would also appreciate it if you could also clear up whether there exists a version of DUCCS that fully supports the UP2718Q at all. It is an expensive monitor, and I don't think it would be fair to your customers if they have to settle for using a version of DUCCS from "another monitor".

Thanks again for addressing this post. It would be great to find out more about a DUCCS for Windows that supports the UP2718Q. And it would be nice if the DUCCS made for macOS didn't run into an improperly signed update.

Johan

No Events found!