Since yesterday the left half of with my UP3214Q is broken showing flickering and distortion artefacts. This happens both from a macbook pro using hdmi and from a PC using either hdmi or mini display port.
I bought this monitor off amazon about 2.5 years ago (Germany). Unfortunately the service tag doesn't seem to be recognized. What should I do here? I seem to have no way of reaching support or any warranty information.
Thanks for any help,
Amazon cannot provide a Dell Order number that states when they purchased the monitor from Dell. Without a Dell Order number, we cannot even know in what region of the world they purchased it. Compounding this issue is that neither the service tag nor the express service code appear in any Dell worldwide database.
This means that we could only use the S/N build date code to establish the warranty period.
4CM = December 22, 2014 was the build date. Meaning that the 3 year warranty expired on December 22, 2017.
Try a hard reset of the UP3214Q =
* Turn the PC off
* Turn the UP3214Q off
* Disconnect all cables (including the power cable) from the rear and side of the UP3214Q
* If a mechanical monitor power button, press the button in for 30 seconds (clears any residual power in the circuits). If not a mechanical power button, just wait for 30 seconds
* Reconnect the power cable to the UP3214Q
* Connect only one video cable from the UP3214Q to the PC video card. Example below =
PC DP out port --> UP3214Q DP to mDP cable --> UP3214Q mDP in port
* Turn the UP3214Q on, then the PC
* Press the UP3214Q Input Source button, choose mDP, exit the Menu
If still no go, the UP3214Q must be defective.
thanks for the swift reply.
Sadly the hard reset didn't help.
Here's the order confirmation, also stating the reseller (EL-EXpress GmbH) :
Is there really no way for me to make use for the warranty? Having bought the device on the 20. April 2015 I should have a full month left.
You would have to escalate through Dell Germany management showing them the invoice from the reseller.
* Go here
* Click Telefonnummern anzeigen