hedrums
1 Nickel

RE: UP3214Q/UP2414Q - 1/2 screen issue and/or No picture after powering off, then on

I do find it upsetting that Dell appears to have ignored their own policy on user-installed updates and allowed AnandTech to perform one. I might cut slack on this if he didn't purchase the monitor and it was only a review loaner (which he would have to return anyway); I don't recall.

Perhaps more upsetting is that the update he got doesn't resolve all the issues: after the firmware update, he updated the color calibration software and it sounds like things were worse than before the update.

It would be nice if there were a document somewhere that details what Dell believes is fixed in the firmware update, and what is still unresolved. I sure don't want to go down the exchange route only to find that there are still issues that require further firmware updates to resolve them, which (unless you happen to be Anand) you are going to have to return the monitor to Dell each time.

I have to say that this experience has soured me on any future Dell purchases, both for my home use and at work. If, at some point, I get a fully-working monitor (the one I thought I was purchasing back in December), I'll probably forgive... eventually. What a mess.

0 Kudos

RE: UP3214Q/UP2414Q - 1/2 screen issue and/or No picture after powering off, then on

"I do find it upsetting that Dell appears to have ignored their own policy on user-installed updates and allowed AnandTech to perform one."

None of us on the Dell Americas displays team gave them the firmware. This should have never happened per Dell policy.

0 Kudos
AnthonyJay
1 Nickel

This is outrageous - I find it not upseting, but deeply disturbing that you find Anandtech having firmware a problem, instead of finding the fact not everyone has access to it as such.

?!

So, now since I've got my screen (and 3 more are on the way for my company), do you expect us to ship a fleet of new displays to you to get refurbished ones?

Do you and when do you plan to release firmware to general public?

Do you have QA department? Did you intentionally sell displays that don't work?

0 Kudos
RavePixel
1 Nickel

I have a up2414q coming tomorrow. If it has this issue and the new firmware is not applied nor available for download I will simply post my review of it then return it and be done with it. I personally don't have the time to be running monitors back and forth from FedEx hoping I get one both with no issues and updated firmware. We will see, but if Dell is still shipping these wih show-stopping problems and no way for the user to fix it despite one being available, that is simply poor business practice.
0 Kudos
happy hopping
1 Nickel

Chris, I have NOT buy 1 of these monitor yet.  AT what month would it be appropriate to  buy the revised UP3214Q w/ this new firmware update?

And would the part no. be   different so it's easier for us to differentiate this newly revised 32" vs. the old 32" w/ the bugs?

0 Kudos
AnthonyJay
1 Nickel

After all, I did receive the monitor. I now wait for you to release the firmware. It does have an issue with not being powered on at startup, but I use a switch to power-cycle it and it seems to work. No other issues so far. However, I hope that you will release the firmware ASAP.

I do not plan to send my new display in to get a refurbished one. If you will NEVER release the firmware, I will return it for a full refund and cancel company orders of those screens.

Otherwise, it is a great screen to be honest. If not for failures to power on...

I hope Chris, that Dell will display some wisdom by sending your customers a new firmware.

0 Kudos

The current issues you are experiencing are a Nvidia driver compatibility issue with the monitor. Dell has been working closely with Nvidia graphics team to address this issue with a driver fix. This fix, as confirmed by Nvidia, is undergoing final checks and will be available for customer download in the very near future. In the meantime, customers with Nvidia graphics driver version 331.xx or later should downgrade their Nvidia driver to an earlier version, 327.xx which has been tested for compatibility with Dell’s Ultra HD monitors.

Customers may contact Dell Tech Support for monitor replacements. Used/Refurbished monitor exchanges are available now with the new firmware. Brand new service replacement with the new firmware will be available by late April.

We will never release the firmware to the public.

0 Kudos
RavePixel
1 Nickel

So Chris, for clarification does the firmware correct a bug, or simply make the monitor more robust to different driver communications?

In other words, if purely a driver issue why was firmware developed? Also, I believe some with AMD cards were having this issue as well, although to a lesser extent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ipv6ready
2 Bronze

Hi Chis is this for 24 inch and 32inch or both?

Since I knew dell will fix the issue.

I recently bought a 32 as well, and so I want to swap both at the same time.

thanks

0 Kudos
caffine
1 Nickel

So a combination of firmware update and drivers to resolve the issue?

While I agree the 327.23 driver works better than later revision it still has issues which I assume are resolved by the firmware.

0 Kudos