Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

5 Posts

May 4th, 2021 12:00

UP3216Q, vertical green line, #2

My Dell UP3216Q monitor (3 years old) started showing a green line. I ran the self test, BID and factory reset and the green line was appearing in all the three tests. Before running tests, I connected monitor directly to the laptop through HDMI and the line was still there. My setup is Dell UP3216 Q with Precision 7510 and a Dell Dock (connected through DP cable). The warranty on the monitor literally expired last week (April 26th) and monitor started showing green line a couple days after that. I'd really appreciate any help in this regard.

Best regards,

Amey

Community Manager

• 

54.4K Posts

May 5th, 2021 05:00

The reply you received from the DELL-Cares agent is correct and in line with our policy. There is not a warranty "grace" period. There is a definitive beginning and ending date. Once the warranty has expired, Dell cannot issue a monitor exchange.

The line is usually sub-pixels that are stuck to a specific color.

Sometimes you can "exercise" a stuck pixel to correct it.
* Go here
* Click the blue, "Launch JScreenFix" button
* Drag the square pixel fixer over a section of the green line and leave running for at least 10 minutes
* Then minimize the browser window
* Turn the monitor off, then on
* Repeat the above 10 minute pixel exercise on the entire line

As a last resort, look for a similar colored green desktop wallpaper to at least disguise the line during usage.

1 Message

October 4th, 2022 12:00

I'm having a same issue with my dell vostro , any help would be appreciated. And by any chance did you get a fix ??

Community Manager

• 

54.4K Posts

October 4th, 2022 14:00

This old thread was dealing with the external monitor UP3216Q. Are you saying that you have a Dell Vostro (Laptop or Desktop?) connected to a UP3216Q?

No Events found!