Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 19th, 2014 04:00

UZ2215H, UZ2315H, UZ2715H, Audio over HDMI and DP?

Dell just released news monitors with built in webcam, speakers and microphone: Dell UltraSharp Multimedia Monitors UZ2215H, UZ2315H & UZ2715H. Does anybody know if the audio comes from the DisplayPort or HDMI cable together with the video? I can't even find this in the manual.

If a USB 3.0 connection is needed for audio I fear this will not be compatible with Linux or Mac OS X. Can somebody confirm this?

And does the webcam and microphone work with Linux or Mac OS X?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 19th, 2014 08:00

Does anybody know if the audio comes from the DisplayPort or HDMI cable together with the video?
* Yes. Also webcam audio through the USB 3.0.

If a USB 3.0 connection is needed for audio I fear this will not be compatible with Linux or Mac OS X. Can somebody confirm this?
* We only offer Windows 7/8/8.1 support.

And does the webcam and microphone work with Linux or Mac OS X?
* Unknown. Not supported and not tested by Dell.

2 Posts

May 20th, 2014 00:00

Does anybody know if the audio comes from the DisplayPort or HDMI cable together with the video?
* Yes. Also webcam audio through the USB 3.0.

Can you confirm that we can send the audio to the display through the DisplayPort or HDMI cable? So that means the USB 3.0 connection is not required for audio (only for microphone & webcam).

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 21st, 2014 06:00

Can you confirm that we can send the audio to the display through the Display Port or HDMI cable without the usage of the USB 3.0 cabling?
* Confirmed.

22 Posts

April 18th, 2015 15:00

Audio output, such as it is, can be transferred over the HDMI cable alone. USB is not required. I could not recommend the UZ2315H because of its extremely weak audio output.

Webcam and microphone require USB.

No Events found!