Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

May 4th, 2014 10:00

Ultrasharp U2413 - Terrible Inverse Ghosting!

I am reposting this a month later as my previous request for help on this has gone unanswered and I cannot reply to the other most recent post on this topic. This is regarding the terrible inverse ghosting effect on the new Dell Ultrasharp U2413 ' premium' wide colour gamut monitor.

I recreate the problem easily when on most presets (especially the sRGB preset at default 50/50 brightness/contrast) by simply scrolling through webpages (including Dell's own). This issue is at its most horrific and noticeable when panning through Google maps in a browser or with any grey tones on screen that when moving appear to shift in hue and have ugly green drop shadows.
The issue seems slightly less apparent in certain modes, or when the contrast is set high (above 65%) with the ghosting appearing less saturated in colour but still apparent. However, I need to work in colour accurate space, which these work-arounds end up compromising. What adds insult to injury is that the far cheaper U2412M which is sitting next to this monitor on my desk exhibits none of the same problems.

Before you tell me that my unit is faulty, I have already had a replacement sent out to me by Dell UK which was manufactured in December 2013 and has the precise same issue. With all due respect, this really needs to be remedied by Dell at this point - I am a motion graphics artist and have paid a premium for a what I thought was a decent monitor for my graphic and animation work. A firmware update to mitigate this RTC overdrive or whatever is causing the inverse ghosting is what is needed.

As it stands, it is unacceptable for me and I will have to look at returning this product if I can't find a solution.

A video of the issue:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIBt6EX76Qo
This is quite heavily compressed, but I can send a .mp4 if required.
All of my monitors info:

S/N: CN-084K96-72872-39D-CFLL (Manufactured September 2013)
A00
Desktop PC
Geforce GTX 770
DVI / HDMI / Displayport
Driver version v.335.23
DVI to DVI cable
Windows 7 64bit

3 Apprentice

• 

725 Posts

May 5th, 2014 02:00

Dell won't fix this and I fear same applies to Dell Color Calibration Solution

If it is unaceptable return it and buy an Asus PA249Q (does not have user LUT3D calbration and 0% overshoot issues) or Benq pg2410pt (user LUT3D calibration and mild overshoot issues).

Even NEC Multisync PA242W have sone mild overshoot artifacts.

These are your options.

No Events found!