Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

September 6th, 2017 17:00

White lines on monitor screen

Hey there,

so I've bought Dell monitor U2715H and I see these type of lines across the web sites when I'm browsing?!? Why is that happening?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 7th, 2017 07:00

Thank you for your message.

Does this happen with any particular browser?

Power off the monitor, disconnect all the cables from the monitor, press & hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

Connect only the power cord & start the monitor, this will run the monitor self-test, check if the line is seen here.

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 7th, 2017 09:00

* Run the U2715H Factory Reset page 44, Self-Test, BID (Built-in Diagnostic), page 54
* If you do not see the issue on the BID colored screens, then the monitor itself is fine. The fault must be the computer, operating system, video card, video card driver, or cabling

September 7th, 2017 10:00

Chris, it only happens in Google Chrome browser.. nowhere else. I tested it again Firefox, Microsoft Edge.. and it only happens there for some crazy reason.. Not even in any app that I use but only Chrome.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 7th, 2017 11:00

Then you should post the issue on the Google Chrome forums

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 12th, 2017 03:00

Try using the browse in incognito mode & check if the issue persists. Press (Ctrl+Shift+N) to open incognito mode.

If the issue does not occur, then this could be caused by an extension installed.

Type Chrome://extensions in the address bar & remove one extension at a time & check if the issue persists.

Try reinstalling Chrome if the issue persists.

No Events found!