Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2013 11:00

XP Driver for U2913WM Monitor

Hi Guys,

My first time here. I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can download an XP driver for a brand new U2913WM monitor that I just bought from Dell recently.  I do have 2 OS on my desktop which is XP and Windows 7. I tried to get the XP driver from the disc that came with the monitor but all to no avail. I keep getting " an error occurred during this installation of the device, a service installation section in this INF is invalid "  I tried to get all the help I can from different IT forums on the internet but can't find any solution to this issue.  Any help would really be appreciated.

1.1K Posts

March 9th, 2013 20:00

Hi Dell_Dough,

Unfortunately, Windows XP drivers are not available. The available drivers on your monitor are compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Please reply for any clarifications.

May 14th, 2013 19:00

The dell documentation that comes on the CD is obviously wrong - it says it should support Windows XP:

D:\drivers\Readme_U2913WM.txt

Introduction

This U2913WM.INF file is a digitally signed driver that supports the
following Dell monitor in Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP and x64 operating systems and
Windows(R) Vista operating systems:

Dell U2913WM

Installation

(1)Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP x86 and x64 Operating System

To manually install or update the driver, perform the following steps:

1. Click Start-> Control Panel-> and then double-click Display icon.
2. In the Display Properties window, click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
3. Click the Monitor tab, and then click Properties -> Driver tab -> Update Driver.
4. When the Hardware Update Wizard dialog box appears, choose "No, not this time" under question: "Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software?" -> Click Next -> choose "Install from a list or specific location" and then click Next.
5. Check the "Include this location in the search" box.
6. Click Browse, select "drivers\Xp & Vista" folder from the CD -> OK -> Next.
7. Click Finish to complete the installation.

June 29th, 2013 11:00

How can Dell not support Windows XP - the most popular and still widely used pc operating system?  The CD does say it supports XP but the INF file is invalid and gives an error when you try and install it on XP. Please can Dell provide a driver for XP.

3 Posts

July 1st, 2013 10:00

One my of got an error but with xp with W7 should be compatible.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

Isaac Sarayiah,

The CD is incorrect. The online manual specifies Vista, 7, and 8. The driver page also only specifies Vista, 7, and 8. We will not support XP on this monitor.

Thank you. That is one of the reasons why I am sending it back for a refund. I think it is ridiculous you are not supporting Windows XP.  Also the unit I received suffers from significant backlight bleeding in the lower left corner which, to me - when paying for what is an expensive monitor, is unacceptable.

3 Posts

July 1st, 2013 11:00

sorry I have the wrong thread ....

{Solicitation Removed}

No Events found!